Character meet and greet shuffle at Disney's Animal Kingdom Fall 2017

JSchnitz

Most definitely. There are 13 meetable characters at AK on any given day not including the rare surprise pop ups. In comparison, EPCOT and HS are well into the 20's and Magic Kingdom into the 30's. That's not including any character dining. I'd say that's lacking in comparison.

JSchnitz

We have three children ages 13, 7 and 2 who love character meet and greets so it's a big deal to us! But yes I understand why it doesn't matter to others. It's just one of those things you expect to see when in the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Most definitely. There are 13 meetable characters at AK on any given day not including the rare surprise pop ups. In comparison, EPCOT and HS are well into the 20's and Magic Kingdom into the 30's. That's not including any character dining. I'd say that's lacking in comparison.

Lacking anymore than any other park?

So, @wdrive , your point seems to be all the parks are lacking characters. Do the numbers that @JSchnitz just quoted sound as 'lacking'?

IanDLBZF

Most definitely. There are 13 meetable characters at AK on any given day not including the rare surprise pop ups. In comparison, EPCOT and HS are well into the 20's and Magic Kingdom into the 30's. That's not including any character dining.
And that doesn't include the pop-up meets as well?

UpAllNight

What's the term where several characters make unadvertised stop at once? We caught one in world showcase and there were 6 lined up it was great. We got to see Baloo without the massive wait he was attracting at AK

wdrive

So, @wdrive , your point seems to be all the parks are lacking characters. Do the numbers that @JSchnitz just quoted sound as 'lacking'?

There's no need to be so rude.

Considering that Epcot and DHS don't have 'into the 20s' characters out a day JSchnitz's quote doesn't mean much to me at all.

Epcot: Baymax, Joy, Sadness, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Donald, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mulan, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Alice, Mary Poppins, Anna, Elsa (19)

DHS:Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, Pluto, Doc, Sofia, Jake, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Donald, Daisy, Buzz, Woody, Kylo, Chewbacca, Peter Quill (17)

On top of that DAK actually has pop up characters like Ratcliffe, Meeko, the Brers, Dug, Terk etc

I can't believe you made me take out the time to research this but here we are.

wdrive

Thanks for correcting me. Character Palooza is DHS only and made up of the Fantasmic characters.

Pop-ups in other parks are usually training sessions.

Pop ups in Epcot are usually training sessions. Character Palooza is a dirty word. Pop ups anywhere other than Epcot are literally just pop ups.

JSchnitz

There's no need to be so rude.

Considering that Epcot and DHS don't have 'into the 20s' characters out a day JSchnitz's quote doesn't mean much to me at all.

Epcot: Baymax, Joy, Sadness, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Daisy, Pluto, Donald, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mulan, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Alice, Mary Poppins, Anna, Elsa (19)

DHS:Mickey, Minnie, Olaf, Pluto, Doc, Sofia, Jake, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Donald, Daisy, Buzz, Woody, Kylo, Chewbacca, Peter Quill (17)

On top of that DAK actually has pop up characters like Ratcliffe, Meeko, the Brers, Dug, Terk etc

I can't believe you made me take out the time to research this but here we are.
DHS also BB-8, Baby Groot, Cruz Ramirez, Green Army men, Jawas, and Stormtroopers all appear daily.
EPCOT- I apologize, one off. Now add Chip and Dale, Ariel, Cinderella from character dining plus training you are well into your 20's.
AK pop ups are rare. And the only added character from a dining experience at AK is Daisy. Again in comparison to the other parks, AK's lineup is lacking.

wdrive

DHS also BB-8, Baby Groot, Cruz Ramirez, Green Army men, Jawas, and Stormtroopers all appear daily.
EPCOT- I apologize, one off. Now add Chip and Dale, Ariel, Cinderella from character dining plus training you are well into your 20's.
AK pop ups are rare. And the only added character from a dining experience at AK is Daisy. Again in comparison to the other parks, AK's lineup is lacking.

AK pop ups really aren't that rare. Dug is almost daily. Green Army Men aren't always a daily thing, although admittedly they are out most days. Personally I wouldn't count a static car prop or whatever BB-8 is as true character meets and I wouldn't really count dining in the parks total myself but each to their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom