Character meals

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
What is the best character meal to go to that is a buffet? I want to go to crystal palace but is that a buffet or a sit down restraunt? I want to go there for breakfast because its not as expensive for adults.

tigsmom

The Crystal Palace is a buffet. I've never been but many people like it. Our favorite is Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary (buffet for both breakfast & dinner).
Cape May in the Beach Club also has a Character buffet breakfast that seems to be under rated.

jesserin

Donald's Breakfast and Friends at Restaurantosaurus in AK is a great buffet breakfast. :) Awesome cold bar as well... the characters include (But may change and are not limited too) Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

I like it b/c the rooms that you dine in are small, so usually all the characters are there at one time which is great as they interact with each other and everyone more than the spread out restaurants.

:)

Aside from that... I love Ohana's character breakfast - but it's family style, not buffet - meaning they bring platters of buffet style food to your table and you can eat as much as you want, getting refills on anything you run out of - without having to get up a million times. Still all you care to eat... without the lines or hassel. :) And the characters are all dressed up with grass skirts and such so it makes for great, unique pictures.

Have fun with whatever you choose!

coltow

It really all depends on the type of characters you want. If you want Pooh & Friends then Crystal Palace is great. Chef Mickey's is perfect if you want to see Mickey (others may change), Goofy, Chip & Dale. My suggestion is to first pick the type of characters and then you can find a meal from there.

joanna71985

I also believe Norway has a part buffet (at least for dinner). My favorite buffet is CP (though that may change after I try Chef Mickey's this summer).

tigsmom

I also believe Norway has a part buffet (at least for dinner). My favorite buffet is CP (though that may change after I try Chef Mickey's this summer).

Last time we had dinner at Norway (summer of 2005) there was no buffet, everything is brought to the table for you. There are plates that are meant to be shared though - appetizers and desserts.

joanna71985

Last time we had dinner at Norway (summer of 2005) there was no buffet, everything is brought to the table for you. There are plates that are meant to be shared though - appetizers and desserts.

I know that the main course was brought to the tables. But I wasn't sure if there was a cold buffet for dinner.

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
The Crystal Palace is a buffet. I've never been but many people like it. Our favorite is Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary (buffet for both breakfast & dinner).
Cape May in the Beach Club also has a Character buffet breakfast that seems to be under rated.
My favorite Disney character is tigger but I still love mickey mouse!

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
Donald's Breakfast and Friends at Restaurantosaurus in AK is a great buffet breakfast. :) Awesome cold bar as well... the characters include (But may change and are not limited too) Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Pluto.

I like it b/c the rooms that you dine in are small, so usually all the characters are there at one time which is great as they interact with each other and everyone more than the spread out restaurants.

:)

Aside from that... I love Ohana's character breakfast - but it's family style, not buffet - meaning they bring platters of buffet style food to your table and you can eat as much as you want, getting refills on anything you run out of - without having to get up a million times. Still all you care to eat... without the lines or hassel. :) And the characters are all dressed up with grass skirts and such so it makes for great, unique pictures.

Have fun with whatever you choose!
What are the prices?

tinkerbell88

Original Poster
Crystal Palace lunch/dinner is one of my favorites. I have eaten there on every trip. And I hope to try the Breakfastoraus one this trip.
I absolutely love tigger but I love mickey mouse! I've alwayz wondered does disney even have a tinkerbell character that signs autographs and everything?

erasure fan1

The top 3 buffets that we have done are:
Chef Mickey - The foods good and the charecter interaction is good too.
Donalds breakfast at the Restaurantosaurus - The only down was the charecters felt very rushed.
Holywood & vine lunch - If you like the little Einsteins this was great. The food was very good and the charecters spent a lot of time and had a lot of interaction with us.

AndyJo0930

I have been to Donald's breakfastorous 4 times (Love Donald) and it actually hasn't been too busy, though we usually have one of the early morning reservations, before the park even opens. When we are leaving, there is usually people waiting to get in. We are early morning risers, so enjoy going very early. And you don't have to leave the park until they open it. They have a few areas near the resturant roped off, so you can only go as far as the rope, but when the park opens, they just drop the rope and you are off.

pinkrose

Crystal Palace is one of our favorites. To me, it has the best food of any of the character buffets.

We had 8:00 resservations for Donalds breakfast back in November and it was the perfect time. We were out of there in just enough time for rope drop and to beat the crowd to Everest.

ann0d1

What time does the breakfast at AK start versus the time the park open? Do you have enough time to enjoy the breakfast and still be able to start the park as soon as it opens?
Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom