Character Meals for the Solo Traveler

Disney_Belle

I was thinking about doing a character meal as a solo traveler anyone ever done this before? I was thinking a nice breakfast at Chef Mickey's. I have only done character meals at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace any others I should try ??? I will feel weird doing a sit down meal by myself but i think if it is a Character Meal it will make me feel less uncomfortable. Plus I think it could be fun. Any ideas?

amymouse

I really enjoy doing the character meals as a solo. I feel like I get more character interaction and even some very fun poses from the characters that I wouldn't experience if I had company with me. One of my all-time favorite pics is from the CP where Tigger decided to sit across the table from me and hold my hand as if we were "on a date."

Also, I've never had to ask anyone to take my picture. The servers and other CMs have always offered before I ever had to ask.

As for "which one to try," I've had great experiences as a solo at both CP and LTT, but I think you would have a good time at ANY of them.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
thats what i figured taht i could get better interaction. although last year when i went to Chef Mickey's (it was Easter morning) my brother and I were eating and dale had come by already but walked back over to me ( i knew he was going to do something funny) and he got on one knee took my hand and pretended to put a ring on my finger lol. i told him id marry him if we could honeymoon in wdw he liked that :) lol then minnie was flirting with my brother kurt and he asked her if she would be his GF and she kind of put her finger up to her mouth like SHHHHH and she made signals saying "dont tell mickey" lol

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
im glad that the CM and such will take pictures too i love characters and being that i am solo this trip i can stop when i want to take pictures with whoever i want!

Upvote 0

drew81

Yeah 1900 park fare would be good. I would suggest Chef Mickey's though. I have been there several times by myself. I have never been disappointed. I have been to breakfast and dinner. The characters always go out of their way to make you feel important. I have loads of fun there.

Upvote 0

Disney Oracle

I have done several solo character meals, including Cinderella's Royal Table, Princess Storybook Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare (dinner) and Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner). I found the meals that have "face" characters that can talk to you are the most fun, as you can have a conversation and not feel quite so alone.

Upvote 0

NitroStitch

I've enjoyed character meals solo too - the other posts on this thread have summed up most of my personal experiences, namely that you get a lot of attention from the characters, and sometimes they'll do things with you as a solo diner that you wouldn't get to be part of with a group. I've had characters sit down and pretend to eat some of my food, hold my hand, play games about the empty seat opposite me... They definitely are not lonely meals. :)

Upvote 0

AEfx

This thread is great.

I'll be honest : I'm a person very comfortable doing things alone when I want, and this is the ONLY thing I don't do. I mean, I didn't think twice about my first solo trip to WDW, but Character Dining is literally the only thing I can think of that I don't do because I think I wouldn't be comfortable.

I think it's because at the Brown Derby, or wherever, I can just sit back and enjoy myself. I think if people look, well, let them see how content I am. I like to write at WDW, so that's always a help too. But when it comes to direct attention like that, it is definately something that has made me pause.

That said, I'm going to have to try it soon. I think 1900 Park Fair may be the one - I think I'd like my first one to be as low-key as possible.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
Disney Oracle said:
I have done several solo character meals, including Cinderella's Royal Table, Princess Storybook Breakfast, 1900 Park Fare (dinner) and Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner). I found the meals that have "face" characters that can talk to you are the most fun, as you can have a conversation and not feel quite so alone.

i have never done one with "face" characters only Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace, but i will definitely try one. I want to meet as many Characters as i can because when I am with other people, no one wants to wait with me, yeah im 21, but you can never get too old for character pics :sohappy:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I'm an experienced "solo" traveler - my husband likes Disney, but does not LOVE it :eek: . Every year since 1996, he has give me a week at Disney by myself for my birthday! I am comfortable in the parks and resorts by myself, and wouldn't hesitate to do a Character meal. I'd stick with Chef Mickey's, mostly because I would combine a trip over there with some shopping in the monorail resorts.

Have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
figmentmom said:
I'm an experienced "solo" traveler - my husband likes Disney, but does not LOVE it :eek: . Every year since 1996, he has give me a week at Disney by myself for my birthday! I am comfortable in the parks and resorts by myself, and wouldn't hesitate to do a Character meal. I'd stick with Chef Mickey's, mostly because I would combine a trip over there with some shopping in the monorail resorts.

Have a great time! :wave:

shopping is always fun :)

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Original Poster
figmentmom said:
...especially with no one peering over your shoulder and asking if you REALLY need that... :lol:

I ask myself that question. I am honestly not too bad with that. I usually buy clothes, snowglobes sometimes a stuffed animal or mickey ears but I but thinks i can display and look at and say "Im glad I bought that" what I do though is i buy stuff here and there if i dont think i will see it again but for the most part i save my money til the day before i leave and i go crazy! lol thats fun.... :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

xodisneybelleox said:
I ask myself that question. I am honestly not too bad with that. I usually buy clothes, snowglobes sometimes a stuffed animal or mickey ears but I but thinks i can display and look at and say "Im glad I bought that" what I do though is i buy stuff here and there if i dont think i will see it again but for the most part i save my money til the day before i leave and i go crazy! lol thats fun.... :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

...heh heh...great minds think alike! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom