Character Heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connor002

Original Poster
I was just wondering, what are the height ranges for the characters (how tall for each) and can you be a character while in the coledge program, even if thats not related to what your studying

i'm 5'8" i that rules out mickey (i'm taller than him in the pictures)

does anyone know what i would fit into (i'll probally grow more too, my parents are tall)

P.S. how tall are the ones that are the darves, are they midgets?:)

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
alright... since odds are the CM's on the boards won't touch this thread with a ten-foot pole, I will answer it.

5'8 will put you in Pluto, Eeyore, Rafiki, Tweedle Dee/Dum, and several others. Also, depending on your build, Buzz Lightyear and Flik.

As for the Dwarves, they vary. Dopey is short... 4'8" - 4'10" I wanna say (not 100% sure on him). Happy and Doc are 5'2" - 5'4", and the others are 5'0"-5'2".

All of the characters, except for chip and dale, have a half inch variance up and down which will allow people who may be too tall/short in reality to perform in those roles.

bluefaery

mkt said:
alright... since odds are the CM's on the boards won't touch this thread with a ten-foot pole, I will answer it.

Why won't they?

BTW THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy:

MagliteL13

madame_leota_19 said:
Why won't they?

BTW THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy:

Congrats on the 100th post!

As for the question--two words: Character Integrity. That's at least the reason, I wouldn't touch it. :)

righttrack

You can imagine though, in hiring people to have to take height into consideration! I also imagine being in a situation where your best restaurant worker gets taken away from you because they are just the right height for some character.

mkt

Premium Member
MagliteL13 said:
As for the question--two words: Character Integrity. That's at least the reason, I wouldn't touch it. :)

the greatest conflict in Walt Disney World, maintain character integrity, or respect a persons intelligence. Personally, my mouse ear shaped shackles have been lifted, so I'll respect the intelligence.

hcswingfield

:lol: LOL! When I saw the title for the thread, I thought "Character Heights" might be the name of a new subdivision for Lake Buena Vista.

Vernonpush

hcswingfield said:
:lol: LOL! When I saw the title for the thread, I thought "Character Heights" might be the name of a new subdivision for Lake Buena Vista.

Let's live on "Dopey Drive" :lol:

brkgnews

righttrack said:
I also imagine being in a situation where your best restaurant worker gets taken away from you because they are just the right height for some character.

Probably more like they've got a face just like Peter Pan or Cinderella. I think the only snatch-and-grab chartacter hirings come from face characters.

mkt

Premium Member
then it will surprise you how many CM's are told by a director they're perfect, but they still don't get the role

Bluewaves

ah another subdivision just what Disney needed ala Celebration?? As to the Goofy question before this thread drifts of into nowhere My guess is about 6'2" as that being my height and good was about as tall or a little taller than me last time I was in the world which would be a nice place to be right now instead of at home, lol.

SpenceMan01

I'm 6'1" and I've been told that I could be: Foulfellow, King Leonidas, Sheriff, Tigger, Green Army Man, Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad, Ratcliffe, Frollo, Queen of Hearts, Don Karnage, Sweetums, Little John, Ursula, Woody, Beast, Jafar, Kronk, Hades, Sulley and some others.

I don't think that I could ever be a character... I think I'm too out of shape for it, even though I have character experience...

Connor002

Original Poster
I'm 6'1" and I've been told that I could be: Foulfellow, King Leonidas, Sheriff, Tigger, Green Army Man, Baloo, Big Bad Wolf, Brer Bear, Captain Hook, Genie, Goofy, Launchpad, Ratcliffe, Frollo, Queen of Hearts, Don Karnage, Sweetums, Little John, Ursula, Woody, Beast, Jafar, Kronk, Hades, Sulley and some others.

cool, thats about how tall my parents are, and i'd love to be sulley and goofy

i don't plan on becomeing a permanant character (i want to be an imagineer) i was just woundering if you could be one if you entered the colege program

drew81

SpenceMan01 said:

I don't think that I could ever be a character... I think I'm too out of shape for it, even though I have character experience...[/QUOTe

Beast, Sulley, and Jafar all start around 6'3"-6'4". Hades and Kronk could go either way.

Android-XS

SpenceMan01 said:
I don't think that I could ever be a character... I think I'm too out of shape for it, even though I have character experience...

I couldn't imagine how hot it must get in those costumes during the summer months in Florida. Anyone inside must have to be in pretty good shape, not to get heat stroke. :dazzle:

bluefaery

Connor002 said:
i don't plan on becomeing a permanant character (i want to be an imagineer) i was just woundering if you could be one if you entered the colege program

from what i hear you can be a character in the CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom