Rumor Character greet changes coming

Ronnie Sanford

Original Poster
I got an email from a work pal. Tells me that Oriental Land Co is beginning the character greeting charge for a distanced meeting.

When Florida meets fully return and we implement our version, the revenue stream for WDPR will be tremendous.

drizgirl

I got an email from a work pal. Tells me that Oriental Land Co is beginning the character greeting charge for a distanced meeting.

When Florida meets fully return and we implement our version, the revenue stream for WDPR will be tremendous.

I'll visit right no without characters because I know they have no choice. If they implemented a charge when the characters come back, I'd be out so fast you'd see my head spinning. Over and out. And not on just the characters. On the whole kit and kaboodle.

Last edited:

Ronnie Sanford

Original Poster
When Disney reopens a change will come in what is considered a premium experience. Once character meets are reinstated, all guests will be required to purchase an experience option to meet characters. This would end regular meet times shared on MyDisneyExperience.

A reservation would be required similar to dining (specific times depending on party size). This would keep lines shorter and enforce social distancing (6 feet between guests). Disney leadership sees this is as a revenue source that is necessary.

Doubting me still that this isn't out of the realm of possibilities?

Andrew M

Still believe that?
Genie+ is not the same as what you described. With Genie+ you have the option to spend money to bypass the standby line, but you don't have to pay to experience it, you just have to wait in line.

You basically stated in order to ever meet any character ever, you have to pay for it. Meet Mickey = $15. Even Disney would never stoop that low. Sure they'll charge for the photo download, or to skip the line, but actually meeting characters will always be free.

Djsfantasi

Genie+ is not the same as what you described. With Genie+ you have the option to spend money to bypass the standby line, but you don't have to pay to experience it, you just have to wait in line.

You basically stated in order to ever meet any character ever, you have to pay for it. Meet Mickey = $15. Even Disney would never stoop that low. Sure they'll charge for the photo download, or to skip the line, but actually meeting characters will always be free.
You still miss the point somewhat. Genie+ is complex. By purchasing the program, you’ll pay to access Lightning Lanes (the old free Fastpass). But for certain attractions, such as ROTR or Ratatouille, you’ll pay to board. There is NO Standby line.

Chip Chipperson

I wouldn’t be so sure. They’re going away. Why sell milk to someone with a cow!

They specifically mentioned the Boarding Groups in the Genie+ announcement.

Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – to maximize flexibility.

ToTBellHop

But boarding passes are not GOING to be free in the Genie+ program. Don’t you understand???? You’re going to have to pay for boarding passes in the new program. $$ dinero to ride your favorite rides!!!
No. BGs are free. Or you can pay for Lightning Lane. It’s not that complicated. Rides have two queues as they have for years. For these two rides, Standby —> BGs; Fastpass+—> Lightning Lane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom