Rumor Character greet changes coming

Crazydisneyfanluke

Perhaps they will have tableaux scenes of the characters, kinda like flash mobs, where the characters will be able to walk to a spot, have a “moment”, and then walk away while not actually having any human contact. Kind of like the Kylo “moment”, but for each character (Jack and whomever sword fighting in Adventureland, royal couples dancing or whatever in Fantasyland, etc.). It would reduce the amount of actors and actresses portraying each character to one, allow for shorter work hours for the attendant roles, and avoid the “parade” mentality if done as a surprise.
They would have to do it frequent enough and spread out far enough to not cause crowding. I could see this working though. Cinderella and prince charming out on the balcony of the castle saying hello to people or Belle and Beast dancing in the castle. They could also use the main street vehicles to have Marry Poppins and Bert wave to guests as they go by a small show on the train station platform by the Barber shop quartet.

MickeyLuv'r

1 -- Character meets, especially face characters, may not be coming back for a long time. You can't do them with social distancing. --- You can't ask an unmasked Princess to pose for photos with hundreds of guests in 1 day. Maybe masked characters will continued, but not face characters.

I'm now picturing princesses and Mickey with masks.

Actually, Jasmine could wear a pretty veil over her face...

Josh Hendy

I'm having a hard time picturing how the "pay more get less" pricing scenario would be successful when the world is recovering from an economic depression and people will be coming out of a period of reduced income with more debt than ever.

The old expression you used to hear from people who survived 1929-1939 was, "You could buy a lot for a nickel ... but boy was it hard to get a nickel."

Disney leadership sees this is as a revenue source that is necessary.

Sounds like the spreadsheet jockeys were told, "Figure out how to get blood from these stones ... now!"

raymusiccity

I have attended dozens of comic book and pop culture conventions over the past 25 years. In addition to the cost of admission to the show, you had to pay for autographs from attending celebrities - movie and TV stars - but you could usually take a picture of them, or with them at their table for free.

Then someone realized that photos with celebrities was a revenue stream they were not taking advantage of. Now almost every major convention requires you to buy a "photo op" with celebrities if you want a picture with them. This is separate from the cost of an autograph, and selfies at the celebs tables are usually forbidden. Oh, and the photo op isn't a meet and greet by any stretch of the imagination - you walk in, stand beside the celeb, smile and walk out. They last 5-10 seconds at best.

So yeah, never think something like this can't happen at Disney.

And don't call me Shirley.
This business model had a short shelf life. Just Google 'Walker-Stalker' convention. Plenty of fans left holding worthless tickets when the organizers filed for bankruptcy.

Djsfantasi

*Disney parks have reviewed all possible sources of revenue during this shutdown. The closure of the resorts has resulted in time to review operations.”

A flat admission fee will be required as well as tiered fees for each attraction and restaurant.”

Restaurants will now require a $20 per head cover charge.

Attractions will now require a tiered ride fee, starting at $15 per person and going up to $35 per person on E-ticket attractions. “

The admission fee will just get you into the park. No cover fee will be necessary for souvenir stores. Everything else will have an associated fee. “

Character Meets will be $100 per person.”

Since Bob Iger’s return, the application of these fees will be required. “

Since a side effect of this policy will be reduced attendance, Fastpasses will be eliminated. The stanchions will be used for credit card payment. With new software, using the Magic Band to charge the fees will be simple. “

* No source, no truth, just pure Fantasi!

Randyland

If the boards are any indication, many are NOT staying home.
Ignorance is abundant indeed...

Sad to say, but Disney was always the international germ heaven of the world...

Almost never did i enjoy a trip and NOT end up sick in bed after being infected with some germ as a bonus of enjoying my time at the parks...

It will be interesting to see how many have less regard for their health then an early trip to the parks.

No Name

“A revenue source that is necessary.”

1587006136424.jpeg

DABIGCHEEZ

I hear they will be collecting Ride fees of various amounts in the queues as well. Also bus, boat, monorail and skyliner will now only be allowed with a Disney Transportation pass purchased in advance for a Disney-sized fee. You know these are just another revenue source and WDW is a business.🤣

Wildstar

I have attended dozens of comic book and pop culture conventions over the past 25 years. In addition to the cost of admission to the show, you had to pay for autographs from attending celebrities - movie and TV stars - but you could usually take a picture of them, or with them at their table for free.

Then someone realized that photos with celebrities was a revenue stream they were not taking advantage of. Now almost every major convention requires you to buy a "photo op" with celebrities if you want a picture with them. This is separate from the cost of an autograph, and selfies at the celebs tables are usually forbidden. Oh, and the photo op isn't a meet and greet by any stretch of the imagination - you walk in, stand beside the celeb, smile and walk out. They last 5-10 seconds at best.

So yeah, never think something like this can't happen at Disney.

And don't call me Shirley.
Actually you have to pay for autograph and pictures I don't know which group you see but you pay the agent. For dog The bounty Hunter it's 40 when I saw him now it's 200 dollars he's in alot of debt because of hospital his mansion the show stopped etc.
1585986188511.jpg
IMG_20190824_151139690.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom