Character faces in shows

disneytink678

Original Poster
I was thoroughly amazed by the actively moving faces of the main 4 in the Dream Along with Mickey stage show a few months ago. However when visiting this past week I noticed that Capt Hook and Smee's faces were not the traditional animated face but rather a more human looking face (very unlike their old ones).

Has any one else noticed these changes/what did you think of them?

I looked and could not find any other discussions about this so sorry if there is one I overlooked.

mm52200

The moving faces and the Hook and Smee faces have been that way since about 2008. The moving heads are indeed very cool and hopefully they'll be used more!!!

disneytink678

Original Poster
Smee and Hook have really looked like that for a few years? I suppose I was so distracted by the mice and how well their faces were coordinated to their talking I didnt even notice the others during the show

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Smee and Hook have really looked like that for a few years? I suppose I was so distracted by the mice and how well their faces were coordinated to their talking I didnt even notice the others during the show

The cast members look like they could get a major head-ache doing that show every day! :lol:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

elchippo

I think its strange that Disney would allow "face" Smee and Hook for the show when they are "heads" in meet and greets, etc. This Christmas, I was watching the Disney parade on TV, and when they showed a clump of characters at DL and WDW at the same time in a split screen, it was different charactersat each place-a remarkable attention to detail (but not surprising, given that its Disney). My point is, I dont understand how they would allow an inconsistency within the park like the Hook and Smee faces....

forevermickey

I do not like the painted faces of Hook and Smee, they look so strange.... my daughter asked what was wrong with them and said she didn't think they were the "real" Hook and Smee:lol:

MarkTwain

I've always wanted to meet a Captain Hook face character. Of course, a face Smee to go with him would be great too. :) I wonder why he hasn't seen more M&G time yet...

disneytink678

Original Poster
geesh- I cant believe they have been around since 2007. I suppose Im not as observant as I once thought I was. Thanks for the info and link!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom