Character Dining?

BrandyNico

We are gearing up for our first trip to WDW (March 2007). We are staying off site with our 2 sons (9 & 12 yrs). We would like to have at least one character dining experience but are having a hard time deciding where to reserve if it's not too late. My youngest son says he'd love to "go where Mickey is". Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!!!!

What about Chef Mickeys? It's at the Contemporary. The Garden Grill in Epcot has Mickey. Another one, although Mickey isn't there, that we enjoy is Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom. My children are the same ages as yours and they really enjoyed everything there. There are several different ones throughout the parks/resorts. Allears has a section on character dining that can give you lots of information that should be really helpful to you. As soon as you decide, you need to call and make ADR. Character meals can book up fast and March can be a really busy time with spring break. That's when we are going and some of the restaurants were filling up fast. We were able to get everything except Cinderella's Royal Table:( Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom has a Pooh and friends character meal which we'll be doing for the first time. I've heard several people say that this is one of the prettiest restaurants at WDW

Good luck! I wish you a magical first visit at Disney!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Our favorite character breakfast is Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary (my brother loves the dinner there too). My girls are 18 & 12 and love it; there is plenty to choose from and the characters spend a decent amount of time at the tables.

Upvote 0

shari71

O'Hana at Polynesian for Breakfast has Mickey, Lilo and Stitch. The other characters come and go, but we have seen Goofy, Pluto and Chip and Dale there as well.

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary is pretty good for any meal.

Upvote 0

BrandyNico

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for all of the help. After all of the research I have been doing for this trip, I was leaning toward Chef Mickey's so you guys were a huge help!
Thanks~

Upvote 0

Raven66

For breakfast we liked Chef Mickey's and for dinner Liberty Tree Tavern was wonderful. You won't go wrong with either.

Have a great first trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

coltow

There are so many to choose from. But you'll never go wrong with Chef Mickey's or Garden Grill. Liberty Tree Tavern doesn't have Mickey, but the food/atmosphere is really good. If you have a hard time getting ADR's at any of these, try O'hana's I've never been there but hear good things.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Chef Mickeys but good luck getting it this late. we couldnt get it in December when we went. have a magical trip.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I have boys like you, so anything "princessey" is out of the question. They really enjoy Donald's Breakfastosaurus in AK (dinosaur palaeontologist theme with Donald, Mickey, Chip and Dale). Plus, if you get an early seating like us (8 am), you're in the park before it opens and can be one of the first in line for EE! It's a win-win!:D

Upvote 0

pacochran

I put my vote in for Chef Mickey's. We had dinner there and the dinner is great (or at least was, as we haven't gone in a couple of years). The character's are great.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom