Character changes at Animal Kingdom

Rteetz

Original Poster
Beginning on Mother’s Day, the following Character changes will be in effect at Animal Kingdom:

No Longer Meeting
King Louie
Baloo
(In mid-April, King Louie and Baloo move to the Ticket Window area of AK until their meet ends in May)
Flik

Dinoland - Donald Days
Donald moves to the Gas Station
Daisy in artist attire will be near the dinosaur play area
Pluto in the Boneyard area
Goofy near arcade
Launchpad McQuack - intermittently
Scrooge McDuck
Chipmunks

Donald Dance Party will occur nightly

Discovery Island
Dug returns to meet with Russell at Wilderness Explorers Club House

Dug and Russell will continue to meet at scheduled times despite the new Up show.

Kman101

It's interesting they seem to have to dump some characters to add others.

Guess it will be nice to see Launchpad and Scrooge out and about though (even though I'm assuming they're just part of the dance party and obviously not meet and greets).

Makes sense to return Dug, considering the new bird show coming up featuring him and Russell. Surprised they dumped him in the first place.

Rteetz

Original Poster
King Louie and Baloo are yesterday's news, and Flik is ancient, so they probably aren't lighting up the cash registers. Gotta push the relaunched 'DuckTales', so kids can want their merchandise. It makes perfect sense.
I haven't seen any DuckTales merchandise in the parks. Jungle Book (live action) wasn't too long ago and made a ton of money so not exactly old either.

Weather_Lady

Oh, I hope Dug will still be there when we visit in April! My kiddos rushed to see him at rope drop last time we visited (when he was still advertised as part of the M&G), only to be told that he'd been unceremoniously removed. They were so disappointed they just stepped out of the line (sorry, Russell!). It will be a great surprise if they can meet him this time.

Princess Leia

I think I have a picture with Launchpad (I do for sure with Scrooge) from my first visit. It’d be great if I could see them again this fall.

TabulaRasa

Beginning on Mother’s Day, the following Character changes will be in effect at Animal Kingdom:

No Longer Meeting
King Louie
Baloo
(In mid-April, King Louie and Baloo move to the Ticket Window area of AK until their meet ends in May)
Flik
They should have cut McStuffins and kept either Flik or Baloo. I would have also liked to have seen a rotation schedule of Russell - Dug - Carl with 2 of the 3 meeting at a time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom