Character changes at Animal Kingdom

Disneyson

I’m okay with this, but I think the casualties should be Chip N Dale and Doc, keeping Flik and Baloo & King Louie. Keeps the characters unique in each park while retaining the same budget.

TabulaRasa

I’m okay with this, but I think the casualties should be Chip N Dale and Doc, keeping Flik and Baloo & King Louie. Keeps the characters unique in each park while retaining the same budget.
I agree. I really don’t understand why the Fab 6 and to a lesser extent, Chip and Dale, need to have a presence in each park. No one is going to Animal Kingdom/Hollywood/Epcot for a single day, once in a lifetime trip. I understand Mickey/Minnie but the rest could be diversified. Additionally, characters like Alice, Mary, Doc, the princesses, etc who appear in more than one park is ridiculous. Disney World should be following their own model of a multi day experience and translate it to character entertainment.

cjkeating

I've had some of the best interactions with characters in the spot where Flik met, I think the problem is the location behind the Tree of Life is very quiet. On both occasions we stumbled across the character by accident (Flik and Tarzan) and look what has happened to both of them...

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
I agree. I really don’t understand why the Fab 6 and to a lesser extent, Chip and Dale, need to have a presence in each park. No one is going to Animal Kingdom/Hollywood/Epcot for a single day, once in a lifetime trip. I understand Mickey/Minnie but the rest could be diversified. Additionally, characters like Alice, Mary, Doc, the princesses, etc who appear in more than one park is ridiculous. Disney World should be following their own model of a multi day experience and translate it to character entertainment.
15 years ago, there was that kind of variety, but things have become increasingly more basic character-wise. AFAIK this is a combination of budget cuts, guest requests for the most popular characters, and the indoor M&G/love n shove factories like Fairytale Hall & TST that have emerged. Someone more in the know might be able to explain better

AugieMorosco

Amazing news so long Scrooge and Launchpad are still there in July!

Been going for what 20 odd years and whilst now 31 and not one for meet and greets - cant pass up an opportunity to meet Launchpad and of course, being Scottish - Scrooge McDuck!
I will also be there at the end of July. So looking forward to Scrooge and Launchpad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom