Character buffet feasibility question

Aggie Mom

Original Poster
We'll be in WDW next month while my husband has a conference. My sister had planned to go with us, but has backed out. I'd booked my dining reservations, expecting that she would be there with me and the kids (boys ages 2 and 7) when my husband is in meetings.

So the issue is that I'd booked two character lunches--Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine. Now, I'm wondering how feasible it will me to manage two kiddos at a character buffet without a second adult, particularly, with the 2yo who can't be left at the table while I fetch food, etc.

Has anyone done this? Did it work ok?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We'll be in WDW next month while my husband has a conference. My sister had planned to go with us, but has backed out. I'd booked my dining reservations, expecting that she would be there with me and the kids (boys ages 2 and 7) when my husband is in meetings.

So the issue is that I'd booked two character lunches--Crystal Palace and Hollywood & Vine. Now, I'm wondering how feasible it will me to manage two kiddos at a character buffet without a second adult, particularly, with the 2yo who can't be left at the table while I fetch food, etc.

I've had to deal with a similar situation before, albeit with children a little bit older. I found the best thing to do was to request a table close to the buffet. I was fortunate in that we were visiting during a relative "quieter" time of the year, so the table request wasn't a problem. I went up and took care of my son's plate first, and then went up to fill mine and my daughter's. She was trustworthy enough (even at 8 :)) to keep an eye on my son until I returned. :wave:

Edit: At H&V the table request shouldn't be too difficult a request, and they have a bank of table right in front at both sides of the buffet. CP may be a little more difficult, but it would still be worth asking, I believe.

TINKER625

This happened to me w/ 2 kids(2 yrs and 5 yrs) in MGM Studios at that time now is HS. My husband was sick (food poision from pizza the night before at a friends house) I took them to hollywood and vine. We walked together to the buffet. We also had a great waiter who got more food for the kids. Very nice. We also ate in Prime time cafe as well. The movie clips kept them busy a little. Movie clips are from old movies I think. Will be going to wdw at end of april. I was going to Animal Kingdom with now my three kids, but my husband is now going the same time we are YAAH:sohappy::sohappy:.
I hope your able to go your kids would love it :)

righttrack

Make a Kid's Table Buffet!

1. Go up, kids in tow, get 2 dishes. Take them back to the table, empty.
2. Go up, kids in tow, get 1 dish, Fill it with their favorites, enough for two. Put it on the table.
3. Go up, kids in tow, get a dish for you, fill it with what you want. Get enough
4. The kids eat "family style" filling their plates from the big plate you made

That is the best method for a buffet with more than one child.

Aggie Mom

Original Poster
More good ideas, thanks! I think I'm going to stick with what I've got. The biggest challenge will be keeping the 2 yo in his seat once he sees Handy Manny. lol

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

I always recommend to my friends who are in this situation 2 main things - ask for a table close to the buffet and also, ask your server for help. They are super helpful and accommodating and will be happy to help you any way they can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom