character attendant - questions!

nanna

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

i am going to be a character attendant on the icp starting this month, but i have a few questions for those who have been one.

Apartfrom looking after the Characters, what other tasks did you have?
What are the best parts of the job?
What are the worst parts of the job?
I know the role is global, but where did you most often work?
What locations were your most favorite? Why?
What locations were your least favorite? Why?
What were the hours like?
Because you are global, was it hard to make work friends?

thanks!!

nanna

Original Poster
also...

can you also pick up shifts that dont need any training, such as PAC and wristbands?

what are the breaks like?

what happens during the training?

thanks!!

joanna71985

Hi everyone,

i am going to be a character attendant on the icp starting this month, but i have a few questions for those who have been one.

Apartfrom looking after the Characters, what other tasks did you have?
What are the best parts of the job?
What are the worst parts of the job?
I know the role is global, but where did you most often work?
What locations were your most favorite? Why?
What locations were your least favorite? Why?
What were the hours like?
Because you are global, was it hard to make work friends?

thanks!!

1) Besides assisting the characters, you also make sure the line is orderly, help guests with pictures (especially if there is no photopass), and answer questions.
2) The best part is getting to work with the characters, and getting to work in all 4 parks.
3) The worst part is when people aren't able to see the characters, and you have to close the line.
4) I was mostly at MK (then AK, MGM, and Epcot).
5) I loved working the castle show, Adventure Continues, and Cars. They were just so much fun.
6) I would have to say Crystal Palace, Character Landing, and Ariel's Grotto. They were ok, just not my cup of tea.
7) My hours were usually something like 8:30-6, or something like that. I hardly worked evenings (unless I was in Toontown, UK, or dining).
8) Nope. I still see many people that I worked with.

also...

can you also pick up shifts that dont need any training, such as PAC and wristbands?

what are the breaks like?

what happens during the training?

thanks!!

1)Yep, you can pick up any shifts that don't require any special training. Some shifts can be a lot of fun.
2) This depends on the location, and the character you are working with. Most breaks will be given by a breaker, so 15-25 minutes or so. Other places the breaks are a little longer, and you break yourself.
3) For me, training was 5 days. The last 3 days were in the parks (Epcot, MGM, and MK).

nanna

Original Poster
Thanks Joanna, that really helped and is really interesting. There is one thing i'm worried about.
Isn't it really hard when you first start, trying to find where to clock in and go at the start of each shift? Because surely as training is 5 days, there won't be enough time to go to every possible location!!

joanna71985

Thanks Joanna, that really helped and is really interesting. There is one thing i'm worried about.
Isn't it really hard when you first start, trying to find where to clock in and go at the start of each shift? Because surely as training is 5 days, there won't be enough time to go to every possible location!!

It is a little hard in the beginning. But when you check in at work, just tell them that you are new. They will be able to help you get to where you need to go.:)

disneygoof1

hey Joanna, I have a question. I would love to become a character greeter, I am planning on coming down to interview in the middle of July. Do you think there will be CG positions open at that time? When I talked to casting, they said there are usually tons of openings in July, I am just hoping this is one of them. Thanks Also when I was on college program, I shadowed a character greeter and they wanted me in the department then. Should I mention that shadow at my interview?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom