News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

MerlinTheGoat

For anyone who doesn't want to waste 8 minutes and 25 seconds, I took the bait and suffered for you... There's only a couple of decent points made in there that are probably somewhat based in fact. One being that Chapek has ultimately only really been running solo for less than a year, and that Iger deserves a huge amount of the blame being ascribed to Chapek (though it's also important to note that Chapek did nothing to reverse these policies himself and continued them). There was also a good side note (though quite unrelated to the topic of the video) about the solar farms being a stupid PR scheme,. Fairly criticizing them for deforesting a ton of land to do it instead of just installing them over the existing parking lots (providing shade as well). Or on top of buildings. Though given his other opinions, I'm doubtful Pro is supportive of solar regardless of whether it had been done properly.

But in the end, it pretty much wraps back around to his personal conspiracy theory drivel. He'll start out saying something with SOME semblance of truth, but then it spirals out of control into complete nonsense. WDW Pro has gone on numerous deranged tangents over the past few years about how Chapek was a so-called "conservative savior" who would save Disney, bring about a new renaissance of quality, and purge the company of its "woke degeneracy". And that Iger would be "taken down" in the aftermath. Based on his closing thoughts, he's still clinging onto some of these beliefs about Chapek.

MerlinTheGoat

Well, it's clear we need WDW1974 to tell us what in the cat hair is going on.
bald iger.png

fgmnt

For anyone who doesn't want to waste 8 minutes and 25 seconds, I took the bait and suffered for you... There's only a couple of decent points made in there that are probably somewhat based in fact. One being that Chapek has ultimately only really been running solo for less than a year, and that Iger deserves a huge amount of the blame being ascribed to Chapek (though it's also important to note that Chapek did nothing to reverse these policies himself and continued them). There was also a good side note (though quite unrelated to the topic of the video) about the solar farms being a stupid PR scheme,. Fairly criticizing them for deforesting a ton of land to do it instead of just installing them over the existing parking lots (providing shade as well). Or on top of buildings. Though given his other opinions, I'm doubtful Pro is supportive of solar regardless of whether it had been done properly.

But in the end, it pretty much wraps back around to his personal conspiracy theory drivel. He'll start out saying something with SOME semblance of truth, but then it spirals out of control into complete nonsense. WDW Pro has gone on numerous deranged tangents over the past few years about how Chapek was a so-called "conservative savior" who would save Disney, bring about a new renaissance of quality, and purge the company of its "woke degeneracy". And that Iger would be "taken down" in the aftermath. Based on his closing thoughts, he's still clinging onto some of these beliefs about Chapek.

There are people on this earth that apparently think Vanguard was willing to start punting Disney from its holdings because of the woke mind virus. Folks, there are numerous Vanguard products that have oil companies and military contractors. They have $600M invested in Philip Morris and over half that in Altria. Let's settle down.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, it's clear we need WDW1974 to tell us what in the cat hair is going on.
"Spirit" never sat in on a Disney Board of Directors meeting. So, his inside-the-company 'leaks' were just from lower tier execs grumbling.

He could go on and on gossiping about C Suite intrigue without ever having to show his work.

And his park predictions had significant fails.

And all packaged up in a ball of nerdrage, so, you never got a balanced point of view, which, I guess, is why there was a nerdrage crew hanging on his every word. They're all watching Doomcook's videos now.

I don't understand the longing for him to come back and spill the tea. He was shoveling a different kind of organic matter.

OrlandoRising

"Spirit" never sat in on a Disney Board of Directors meeting. So, his inside-the-company 'leaks' were just from lower tier execs grumbling.

He could go on and on gossiping about C Suite intrigue without ever having to show his work.

And his park predictions had significant fails.

And all packaged up in a ball of nerdrage, so, you never got a balanced point of view, which, I guess, is why there was a nerdrage crew hanging on his every word. They're all watching Doomcook's videos now.

I don't understand the longing for him to come back and spill the tea. He was shoveling a different kind of organic matter.

If you're going to trust "insider" information, ask yourself five questions:
1) What's this person's record on reporting scoops in the past?
2)Do they use their real name (or is their real name otherwise known) so there's accountability if and when they're wrong?
3)Have they corrected or explained themselves if their past scoops didn't pan out?
4) Does it have enough detail to appear to come from an actual source? (i.e. not phrased in a way where they appear to be guessing, thus giving him an out if nothing happens?)
5) What's the potential hidden agenda?

I'm already seeing the usual suspect claiming to have an inside scoop about the WDI move to Florida being canceled with Chapek gone. That could very well happen, but guessing that it's happening and having a source telling you it's happening are two very different things.

If that was a real scoop, there'd be more detail -- like what the company will do for anyone who already started the moving process.

thomas998

Maybe after another woke film bombing at the box office Iger will take the hint and stop pushing political agendas in Disney’s films? Or is he as weak as Chapek?
I think the reality is Iger has more to do with the films you are seeing now and in the past than Chapek. Films, especially animation takes years to complete and Chapek wasn't the CEO long enough to have done much to influence the movies. Besides if you read how Iger had been hired by the Board of Disney to guide Chapek for 10 million a year, either Iger was derelict in his job, or the board simply thought Iger was better at sugar coating his dastardly deeds. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if Chapek did exactly what Iger wanted him to do so Iger could come back when all the things Iger wanted to do were done but with someone else's fingerprints instead of his. Iger has babbled about how he didn't like the price hikes at the parks, but I haven't seen any signs that Iger is going to put them back where they were.

MerlinTheGoat

Disney is due for another princess movie.
There's one coming next year-
FcQW2MzaIAMfIVw

I'm actually somewhat interested in it too because it allegedly is going to involve hand drawn animation (with a mixture of CGI). If they do something like Tarzan and Paperboy where they take CGI models and paint over them by hand, that could actually look quite nice.

I don't really have expectations about the story or characters. But hopefully at least the visuals are nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom