News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Speaking of "deep Iger conspiracy theories", what if Iger want's to reduce Disney's contribution to Florida GDP? What if the brand strategy is on-target? Dis-anti-s want's Florida to look like an economic success story and claim he can extend it to the U.S.

A possible explanation for the lack of new construction starts as well. Design work is in progress in California, but the projects won't be started in FL until after the election.
Nahhh…I don’t think so.

What they’re doing in Florida seems pretty obvious.
They decided they would increase prices - nearly three fold under Iger - and the people went along with it and even celebrated it.

So that automatically reduced investment. Why pay more when they were making more? Built almost nothing for the first 8 years…nothing like Eisner…and then have slow rolled the building plan the last 10…

Long story short: they planned to be done spending when tron opened. Bob’s legacy was complete.
But it doesn’t work that way…and all that crap has them back to flush or falling behind again…

And boy Comcast sure has taken the thunder out of them for the last 10. Best themed lands…6 new hotels and counting and a gigantic new park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Capital expenditures and expansions had ground to a halt well before the RCID stuff blew up. If anything, this tension is a convenient excuse and scapegoat for scaling back expansions and future investments
Correct. It was easy to read. The air of “we’ve done enough” set in several years ago.

Last edited:

Nubs70

Speaking of "deep Iger conspiracy theories", what if Iger want's to reduce Disney's contribution to Florida GDP? What if the brand strategy is on-target? Dis-anti-s wants Florida to look like an economic success story and claim he can extend it to the U.S.

A possible explanation for the lack of new construction starts as well. Design work is in progress in California, but the projects won't be started in FL until after the election.
If this is Iger's plan, he is in violation of his fiduciary obligations.

Lilofan

LOL ...I mean like.... is this a weird joke at this point?

Folks have spent half this thread insisting that Disney's problems were all caused by asking people to pay more money as they took up a moral position, and now you're flipping around and insisting that this is surely the path toward redemption?

Disney can only do what American consumers want and the American consumers want cheap goods from China.
Apple worth $3 Trillion and growing looked to save on labor costs moving some of their iPhone factories from China to India and Vietnam.

lazyboy97o

Apple worth $3 Trillion and growing looked to save on labor costs moving some of their iPhone factories from China to India and Vietnam.
Apple having production moved out of China is not because it’s cheaper, and there have been challenges to the process. The pandemic made them realize they had too many eggs in one basket. They don’t want to be stuck if access to China gets cut off.

Lilofan

Apple having production moved out of China is not because it’s cheaper, and there have been challenges to the process. The pandemic made them realize they had too many eggs in one basket. They don’t want to be stuck if access to China gets cut off.
Labor cost is Vietnam is cheaper than labor cost in China. It's not rocket science to figure out production can produce more profits.

Squishy

Stop. Bottom line, it's cheaper.
Its not cheaper but likely to remain the same, some parts for assembly will have to be imported from China. They've also been facing quality control issues initially. China coming to a halt in 2019/2020 highlighted a major production issue for the company to become less dependent on a single country.

Splash4eva

Speaking of "deep Iger conspiracy theories", what if Iger want's to reduce Disney's contribution to Florida GDP? What if the brand strategy is on-target? Dis-anti-s wants Florida to look like an economic success story and claim he can extend it to the U.S.

You cant be serious with this suggestion?

Splash4eva

I opened with "deep Iger conspiracy theories". I guess I give the readership too much credit.
I read it very clearly but to even suggest that to me is beyond… so insult all you want but you went on & tried to rationalize your “conspiracy” playing both sides of the comment with your “explanation” of how it could be their “plan”. Choose a side next time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When in 2023 is Disney going to copy the cultural and financial success of Barbie?
They’re not…

They’re gonna roll out several billions in movie Cost and celebrate James Gunn - who was pushed out the door…and a new tangled/frozen movie for the holidays

Watch home much that one is slammed down your throat…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom