Changing ADR time at Sci-Fi...should I bother?

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Hey there hi there ho there...
So right from the 180-day mark from check-in, the day I had planned for Hollywood Studios seemed to be fairly busy (as do most days during the trip). And Sci-Fi has been practically booked solid. I managed to get a 2:45 what-is-this-lunch?-dinner? ADR moved to a 4:40. I've been checking to see if I can get something a little more advantageous and today I started thinking - should I even bother trying?

Seems to me if Sci-Fi Dine-In is that booked, even if we arrive on time at 4:40, we're going to be waiting quite a while before an actual table opens up. And then if they're that busy, I doubt we'll be waited on that quickly and there will be a wait for food, so odds are we won't be eating before 5:30 anyway? So if I were able to get a later ADR time - we won't be eating until way later than my kids are used to eating anyway.

Anyone else think that makes sense?

NYwdwfan

Hey there hi there ho there...
So right from the 180-day mark from check-in, the day I had planned for Hollywood Studios seemed to be fairly busy (as do most days during the trip). And Sci-Fi has been practically booked solid. I managed to get a 2:45 what-is-this-lunch?-dinner? ADR moved to a 4:40. I've been checking to see if I can get something a little more advantageous and today I started thinking - should I even bother trying?

Seems to me if Sci-Fi Dine-In is that booked, even if we arrive on time at 4:40, we're going to be waiting quite a while before an actual table opens up. And then if they're that busy, I doubt we'll be waited on that quickly and there will be a wait for food, so odds are we won't be eating before 5:30 anyway? So if I were able to get a later ADR time - we won't be eating until way later than my kids are used to eating anyway.

Anyone else think that makes sense?
Yes - it makes perfect sense. We are early eaters (and evening ice cream eaters) so I make all the ADRs between 4:30 - 5 and then when we are done eating we usually have a slightly less crowded park to explore while others are eating dinner at a later time.

slappy magoo

Original Poster
Yes - it makes perfect sense. We are early eaters (and evening ice cream eaters) so I make all the ADRs between 4:30 - 5 and then when we are done eating we usually have a slightly less crowded park to explore while others are eating dinner at a later time.
Thanks. I still don't think we'll be eating "early," my suspicion is that it'll be at least a half hour before we're seated. After all, Sci-Fi is one of those restaurants that serves nonstop from the time they're open until park closing, so there's no moment where they're closed between lunch and dinner. It only takes a few people who decide to linger in order to beat the heat and everyone with an ADR gets pushed back. So even with out 4:40 ADRs it'll be a while before we eat, so why push it back?

NYwdwfan

Thanks. I still don't think we'll be eating "early," my suspicion is that it'll be at least a half hour before we're seated. After all, Sci-Fi is one of those restaurants that serves nonstop from the time they're open until park closing, so there's no moment where they're closed between lunch and dinner. It only takes a few people who decide to linger in order to beat the heat and everyone with an ADR gets pushed back. So even with out 4:40 ADRs it'll be a while before we eat, so why push it back?
I agree - no need to move it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom