Changing a R/O reservation with a discount

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
I have reservations 8-30 to 9-11. I have the bounce back offer. If I need to change my check in dates to 9-3 will I be able to?

sissa216

If you're not changing the check-out date, you'll have no trouble.

If you are changing the check-out date, you may still be able to, based on availability and the original dates of the bounceback promo.

slappy magoo

The other thing you could possibly do, if your checkout date still needs to be 9/11, is see if they can split the vacation into two separate reservations, one where you have your current room at your current rate until 9/3, and the rest at the bounceback offer.

sissa216

Oh that's one thing I didn't think of.

Their discounts work in two ways: with one type, the discount will simply apply to whichever dates of yours are valid under the discount. If that's the case, and all of your original dates were valid discounted dates, then you have no problem.

Other discounts (like free dining) are based solely by check-in day. You have to check in during a valid range of dates, and the discount extends to your entire stay. If that's the case, you will still need to make sure your check in date was during a valid arrival date.

Hopefully that makes sense. Without having the specific bounce back discount in front of me, it's hard to say. However, bouncebacks seem to be much broader and flexible, with a wider range of dates, so there's a good chance you'll be ok.

Edit: I forgot it is room only, so it should certainly fall into the first category. Only certain package discounts would have the restriction of needing to check in by a certain date. Room only discounts will simply apply to whichever of your nights were valid under the discount.

Last edited:

stalkingmickey

Original Poster
Yes r/o bounce back offer. All my dates fall within original offer when we booked it in January. We have decided to do a few nights at US/IOA and I got a little nervous about changing our check in date.

kasey1988

You shouldn't have an issue as long as there is availability. We booked a bounceback in September last year, for this September. We booked originally for for the 16-26, but changed it to 21-27, because we wanted to do a cruise first, they changed it with no problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom