Changes, what changes do you like or dislike at Disney World

Robfasto

Original Poster
Just wondering what changes you like or dislike at Disney World.

For me my biggest dislike is the change a the EPCOT entrance when the added the Leave-A-Legacy stuff.

psuchad

I am sort of upset about the removal of the biggest hidden mickey at Disney Studios. Even though nobody could see it from the park it was nice to know it was there.

WDFAN1977

I wish they still had River Country.:cry: I only went there twice, once when I was 12 and then with my wife and relatives right before they closed it down.

The Mickey wand at Epcot. Very tacky.:hurl:

LUV4Goofy

psuchad said:
I am sort of upset about the removal of the biggest hidden mickey at Disney Studios. Even though nobody could see it from the park it was nice to know it was there.
Forgive me for asking but where was the Studios Hidden Mickey that is no longer there?

loriwdunn

I miss Horizons, the Sky Ride, River Country. I wish they would get rid of the giant MGM fantasia hat and the Leave a Legacy tile. Does anyone even look at those?

Kadee

I HATE that huge hat at MGM! It is hideous! My family and I were fortunate to get a great pic of us right as you enter MGM in front of the theater BEFORE the ugly hat was put in.

LAL Tiles.....NOT attractive! I feel like a mouse in a maze trying to get through there.

Ice Station Cool... I LOVED the snow. We usually go during the summer and it was such a nice break from the heat. We would go in when no one was behind us and just stand in there as long as we could with the snow falling on us. It was great. Who cares if it doesn't go with the theming! It felt great!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Changes I hate.... everything that went from a magical escape from the real world to the real world encroaching into every corner. Seasonal attractions for one. Merchandise another. Case in point - how Main Street USA has turned into one gigantic shopping mall. Where`s Center Street West?? Under a cash till!

cardfan32

I hate the huge Sorcerer's Hat in MGM, not having Sorcery in the Sky fireworks anymore, Horizons, World of Motion "since i can already perform faster speed's than 65mph in my own car instead of Test Track (not that impressive)", the original Journey Into Imagination, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Dream Flight, and the Leave-a-Legacy display in EPCOT.

MartyMouse

I have three things that bother me about Disney changes –

1. The lack of Future in EPCOT’s Future World, it seemed that Disney dropped the idea of racing to the future and showing the promise of a better tomorrow.

2. What the heck is going on with Tomorrowland? The original 70/80s version always seemed to resemble some sci/fi strange future world, then they re-themed it around the whole interplanetary convention thing, but it always seemed unfinished having some areas that never got re-themed. Now with Stitch and Buzz the theme seems to be like a weird Fantasyland spilled over the two pervious themes.

3. What they did at Disney/MGM - the park originally had clear borders the backstage area, the Hollywood themed streets, the TV area … now it seems to be a patchwork theme park that is barley themed, much like Universal Studios.

I think I have issues with the way Disney plans their expansions and changes, they don’t seem to consider the theme anymore (see the Aladdin ride what the heck it is doing next to the jungle cruise?).

I.M.Fearless

Worst change? I feel a little empty inside when I head into Epcot and see all the scars that the Leave a Legacy tiles have created. Please put them somewhere else and bring back the old fountain. (Though for some reason I really don't have a problem with the wand... or the sorcerer's hat either.:lookaroun )

General Grizz

I do not like
1. Diamond Horseshoe Revue being replaced by a meet and greet
2. Timekeeper being closed for most of the year
3. Wonders of Life being closed for most of the year
4. Journey into (Your) Imagination (with Figment)
5. The Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management
6. Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama
7. The lack of story in the new Sunshine Seasons restaurant
8. Epcot's Leave a Legacy
9. Stitch's Great Escape
10. MGM situation/the sad replacement of the Animators' Studios

I do like:
1. Mickey's Philharmagic
2. Soarin'
3. Ellen's Energy Adventure
4. Reflections of China
5. One Man's Dream
6. Illuminations: RoE/Wishes
7. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
8. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (although it should have been placed where the playground will be)
9. Turtle Talk with Crush

General Grizz

marni1971 said:
Changes I hate.... everything that went from a magical escape from the real world to the real world encroaching into every corner. Seasonal attractions for one. Merchandise another. Case in point - how Main Street USA has turned into one gigantic shopping mall. Where`s Center Street West?? Under a cash till!
Yeah... this too. :lol:

rubysparky77

I must admit that I kind of like "Leave a Legacy." My brother and I have a picture there from the Millennium and it's kind of cool thinking that I'm in a Disney park 24/7/365. :)

I don't like Chester and Hester's Dinorama. When I first went there I thought that it was originally a CM parking lot. It is Disney's excuse to put in carnival rides that I can find at the yearly county fair. Perhaps it is supposed to be funny that Disney put in a carnival in their well - themed parks, but I don't really see the humor in it. The money put into yet another Dumbo - style ride, carnival games, and a wild mouse could have been put to better use.

I don't like the empty buildings in Tomorrowland such as the Skyway Station.

I really don't like the darn playgrounds that are popping up everywhere (Pooh!). You can find a playground at home, even if it isn't themed. You can't find good rides just anywhere. Magic Kingdom has two - (Toontown and Pooh), Studios - one (Honey I Shrunk...), and Animal Kingdom - one (Dinoland USA)

Damien666

I do like Soarin' and Philharmagic and LMAX. I don't like how Tomorrowland is turning into Fantasyland east. Not cuz of Buzz, but SGE.

stingrock23

I don't like the removal of Mr. Toad, but I like the replacement of Dreamflight with Buzz. I miss Horizons, but I enjoyed Mission Space. I haven't been on Soarin, but it looks good. I wish the Tomorrowland Skyway station would be replaced with something else. And the biggest waste of space is the Pooh meet and greet area. A major attraction needs to be built there, since the MK hasn't had an e-ticket addition since Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom