News Changes to operating Walt Disney World attractions due to COVID-19

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Circles for parties to stand on in waiting areas for COP, CBJ, HoP, and MP.

D12A9EF0-9E6A-42CE-ADC5-2AE546CF0D85.jpeg

6CA0F335-7E8D-47C6-B30B-2011F1F1357D.jpeg

98679A2D-8E11-493D-A44D-45E2F1C7D7BF.jpeg

BBCEE4A0-D533-44DE-B53D-8807DF7EF0ED.jpeg

WondersOfLife

Oh... and all shops have only one entrance, but multiple exits.

The right side of the queue as you go down for BTMRR was the only side open in the morning yesterday. Had both stations running though.

Prototype82

I kinda don't know if I wanna go back to AK just yet. I mean, that mist on Flight ads the perfect subtle amount of depth. Not sure I want to ruin it....

Herdman

My plan is to bring the pre-shows up on my phone as we're approaching that area. You can pretty much find them all on Youtube. For example, Rod Serling will be telling us that fateful story of the Hollywood Hotel as we move through the lobby.

Jrb1979

It looks like such a magical experience.....:( It is no wonder attendance is in the crapper
It has nothing to do with the magical experience in why people aren't going. It has more to do with the fact people aren't traveling and many people being out of jobs. Universal/Loews just laid off 1000 people today and MGM did the same to 18,000. Yeah it has to the lack of magical experience. 🙄

Touchdown

It has nothing to do with the magical experience in why people aren't going. It has more to do with the fact people aren't traveling and many people being out of jobs. Universal/Loews just laid off 1000 people today and MGM did the same to 18,000. Yeah it has to the lack of magical experience. 🙄

Like it or not, if the threat of Covid decreases (assuming, and praying, we don’t have a second wave) and Disney does not bring more things online from entertainment perspective some of us will continue to stay away. Management has a very poor record with caring about Live Entertainment that predates Covid, which has a lot of us worried Covid will be an excuse for cutting more of it.

Covid or no Covid, I’m not patronizing WDW in its current state.

WondersOfLife

Also, just to clarify the parking tram situation in all four theme parks is budgetary, not safety related.
That was the worst thing they could have possibly cut in this sweltering heat. Take the 15/20 staff from the Wilderness Express Train and put em on trams man. Move animation experience to the nemo theatre.

Similar in other theme parks. It was way too hot to be walking across the Disney World desert.

celluloid

They are still
That was the worst thing they could have possibly cut in this sweltering heat. Take the 15/20 staff from the Wilderness Express Train and put em on trams man. Move animation experience to the nemo theatre.

Similar in other theme parks. It was way too hot to be walking across the Disney World desert.
Charging the 25 dollar parking fee too.

celluloid

Budget is a huge part of it. But there are other components as well.

It is staffing, which is budget. Open Air Trams is about the most Covid19 conscience mode of transportation you can get. They would actually be a great way to be transporting people vs Monorail or Bus.

Now you get not even the courtesy from the lot and are still charged to park there.

peter11435

It is staffing, which is budget. Open Air Trams is about the most Covid19 conscience mode of transportation you can get. They would actually be a great way to be transporting people vs Monorail or Bus.

Now you get not even the courtesy from the lot and are still charged to park there.
It’s not only staffing and budget. That’s certainly a part of it. But there are some Covid safety concerns as well, one of which had no reasonable solution. Those concerns were considered not worth addressing due to the relatively low attendance allowing most parking in the closer lots combined with the benefit of budget savings.

techgeek

It’s not only staffing and budget. That’s certainly a part of it. But there are some Covid safety concerns as well, one of which had no reasonable solution. Those concerns were considered not worth addressing due to the relatively low attendance allowing most parking in the closer lots combined with the benefit of budget savings.

The entry re-work has caused the drop-off loops to be pushed back so much that if you're in the closest parking section a tram is pretty much pointless these days at EPCOT, HS, and AK.

MK / TTC is really the only situation where the walk from parking is completely unacceptable at the moment. I know the health screen tents are currently in the TTC drop-off loop, but they have enough space there to make tram service work if they wanted to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom