Changes to ID requirements for alcohol purchases at Walt Disney World

ExtinctJenn

I don't drink alcohol while on property so I suppose the entire conversation is moot for me anyway but I have to agree with previous posters re: the fact that this is and has been the law for an awfully long time so it's kind of a shock to hear Disney is just now "enforcing" it.

Disney80

To follow-up on the Canadian Health Care ID cards...

I'm in Quebec, my province issues the Health Care card with my full name, picture, signature and date of birth. Photo is never older than 4 years (renewals are every 4-year cycle).

I don't have driver's license (as I do not drive) therefore I use this as my ID. Used it multiple times in Florida for identification purpose at Wal-Marts, liquor stores, night clubs, hotel check-in and never encountered any issues. Maybe I got lucky...

Edit: I forgot to mention that this form of ID is accepted in Quebec. It is government-issued.

Just as a precaution, I will take a copy of my passport with me.

Last edited:

Polydweller

Last time i went to the world Disney did not accept my gf ID. Had her b-day and picture. It was a insurance card since we are from Canada we all have one. Its a legal form of ID here. Since she does not have a drivers license Technically she could use this now with a photocopy of her passport im hoping
Are you talking about the health insurance cards with our pictures on them? Those are government issued in Ontario and presumably other provinces. They are legal here in some provinces but are not recognized in other countries.

fbp

After some recherche it appears health cards are valid ID in all provinces unless your card was issued in Manitoba, Ontario or PEI.

taz0162

Ok not an issue unless I get a speeding ticket and am left with a State ID card which appears not to be on the list. Hmmm... This better not slow up lapu lapu delivery that would be unbearable.
P1010022.jpg

JiminyandTink

Disney: With the new Magic Bands you can leave your room key and credit cards at the hotel.
Me: That's great news, I think I'll drink to that.
Disney: In that case, you better bring your Passport.
Me: Arrrrg!!!

The Mighty Tim

So, if I understand it correctly, I'll be able to prove my age when buying alcoholic beverages if I have one of my passports, or a copy of one of them AND my UK drivers license?

EDIT: Also, is this the requirements for Florida only, or does it extend to other states? I only ask, since I'm intending to be in Pennsylvania/New Jersey next year.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
So, if I understand it correctly, I'll be able to prove my age when buying alcoholic beverages if I have one of my passports, or a copy of one of them AND my UK drivers license?

EDIT: Also, is this the requirements for Florida only, or does it extend to other states? I only ask, since I'm intending to be in Pennsylvania/New Jersey next year.
Ive never been carded anywhere in the US except the counter at Margaritaville in City walk. But I am an old knacker.

Jo DeVil

I have had UK military turned down by one CM and accepted by another, things would be easier for non US holiday makers if they listed which items ie UK driving licence, Canadian insurance card were listed, this would stop different responses by different CM. We have examples of what different countries IDs look like this helps the CM if they haven't seen that one before.

mickeysbrother

Are you talking about the health insurance cards with our pictures on them? Those are government issued in Ontario and presumably other provinces. They are legal here in some provinces but are not recognized in other countries.
Yup that's what I'm talking about! Disney stated government Id with passport! Technically we as Canadians have government issue id (insurance card ) if we don't have a license! I'm not complaining but if your gonna state something abide by it! We have only been America's neighbors for how long???

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's not what Disney stated! They said passport photocopy and government issue Id.... Technically I have a government issue id. If I live in Canada Mexico Africa Australia wtv they should accept it!!!!!!
That is the key. If that card is not accepted in Canada as ID then it will not be accepted in the US as ID.

In Ontario, government issued health cards are not an acceptable form of ID for age verification. Many places will let folks use them anyway, as the newer editions have birth dates and pictures on them, but they aren't actually supposed to and they aren't required to.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, you are correct. Though, all states now comply with the 21 year old drinking age to get federal highway funds...

As I recall, Louisiana was the last hold out state....

DRAM shop liability is federal law though.

No.. still state issues :) The Fed influences (through the highway act example to get their agenda done) - but the ABC laws are state laws.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No.. still state issues :) The Fed influences (through the highway act example to get their agenda done) - but the ABC laws are state laws.
Yes, once again you are correct! <grin>

I don't know what they heck I've been thinking...or not thinking, rather.

Sad, because I did 11 years in F&B and had to deal with Beer and Wine Permits regularly. Argh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom