Changes to bus transportation for the water parks begins this weekend

DisneyFans4Life

All the more reason to rent a car while you're down there.
That or just plan to leave your resort a little bit earlier to make up for the extra time. I'd imagine that the buses going from resorts to the water parks were pretty empty; multiply that by all of the resorts and you end up with a lot of empty buses running to the water parks. This makes sense to me, but I also drive my own car to WDW so won't really be affected by this lol.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Good call to do this right before the summer season and attendance will increase at the water parks. Just another display of how little they care about guest experience versus saving a few dollars. Looking forward to the comments from those who "wont be affected by this"

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
That or just plan to leave your resort a little bit earlier to make up for the extra time. I'd imagine that the buses going from resorts to the water parks were pretty empty; multiply that by all of the resorts and you end up with a lot of empty buses running to the water parks. This makes sense to me, but I also drive my own car to WDW so won't really be affected by this lol.
A little earlier? A bus ride to AK can take up to 20 minutes, and that does not include time spent waiting for bus to arrive at your resort. Then add the time waiting for the bus to arrive at AK to take you to water park. I could easily see a family leaving their resort room at 10 am and not arriving at the park until 11-11:30.

TheMouseFan

Oh Disney, you are really making me hate you right now!! It's bad enough that they won't even be open until 10am when we are there in a week and a half, now we have to jump through hoops to get there! Since we planned on going 2 days in a row, it might be worth looking into getting a rental for those 2 days. Any ideas of the best way to go about doing that?

DisneyFans4Life

A little earlier? A bus ride to AK can take up to 20 minutes, and that does not include time spent waiting for bus to arrive at your resort. Then add the time waiting for the bus to arrive at AK to take you to water park. I could easily see a family leaving their resort room at 10 am and not arriving at the park until 11-11:30.
To your point...if a family left their resort room at 10am and was able to get a bus straight to the water parks, chances are they wouldn't get to the water parks before 10:30. If a family wants to be at the water parks by 10am, my suggestion would be to not leave your hotel room at 10am...

Is it inconvenient to have to bus to AK and then change buses to go to the water park...sure...but if you plan accordingtly, there's no reason why someone couldn't be at the water parks before 10am. AK opens at 9, which means buses to AK are running much earlier than that. Again I don't disagree that it's a hassle, but it's completely doable and WDW shouldn't be raked over the coals for it.

dreamfinder

Conversely, will this help to improve the experience for any guest who isn't going to a water park? Instead of having to take the extra time to go do the water park pick up/drop off en route to their final destination, they now cut out that stop.

raven

To your point...if a family left their resort room at 10am and was able to get a bus straight to the water parks, chances are they wouldn't get to the water parks before 10:30. If a family wants to be at the water parks by 10am, my suggestion would be to not leave your hotel room at 10am...

Is it inconvenient to have to bus to AK and then change buses to go to the water park...sure...but if you plan accordingtly, there's no reason why someone couldn't be at the water parks before 10am. AK opens at 9, which means buses to AK are running much earlier than that. Again I don't disagree that it's a hassle, but it's completely doable and WDW shouldn't be raked over the coals for it.

Making guests go in different directions and switching buses is no one's fault except Disney. Now instead of a 10 - 15 minute bus ride, their commute turns into 40+ minutes. That is certainly as hassle.

hpyhnt 1000

Well this is pretty dumb...

Making guests go in different directions and switching buses is no one's fault except Disney. Now instead of a 10 - 15 minute bus ride, their commute turns into 40+ minutes. That is certainly as hassle.

Going to be pretty silly for Blizzard Beach guests staying at Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, AoA, Coronado Springs, and All Stars. You'll drive right by the water park going to AK just to circle back to it.

Edited for water park switch.

Seanual757

Bean Counters at their finest, maybe all folks in management who make decisions that impact a guest experience should experience a day in our shoes. See what it's like for the guests who pay their salaries see how much more of an inconvenience and disappointment it is starting to be visiting a WDW resort and or park. Sure we all have choices and the more of an inconvenience they make it they will begin to lose customers and more and more will head north to Universal. The Magic is fading and fading super fast at the not so happiest place on earth.

AshaNeOmah

So I've never been a water park guy, but from memory the AK bus would also stop at Blizzard Beach and the Springs bus would stop at Typhoon. Often this stop would be before it got to the 'main' destination, wasting time of most of the passengers. Had that changed?

If not, I see this as a net time savings for guests, since every bus going to the two more popular locations won't have to stop by a water park first. You make a few water park guests wait a bit longer, but get the AK/Springs guests to their location faster.

ToTBellHop

It's a hassle, but they clearly anticipate greater crowds at DAKand DS. Surely given the crowds that will need to transfer, they will have water park buses arriving at DAK and DS every five minutes.

Now the buses at DAK and DS will be much more efficient.

glvsav37

Oh Disney, you are really making me hate you right now!! It's bad enough that they won't even be open until 10am when we are there in a week and a half, now we have to jump through hoops to get there! Since we planned on going 2 days in a row, it might be worth looking into getting a rental for those 2 days. Any ideas of the best way to go about doing that?

you are prob just better off grabbing a taxi or Uber. you can get on right from the resort bell desk and it will be there in 5 minutes tops. cost will prob be under $15.

We use taxis more and more b/c of the unpredictability of the disney transports.

Bartattack

Actually, 2 weeks ago when I was at CBR, I was thinking that they would be better of doing this. A lot of times the bus to Blizzard Beach had lots of people for AK and maybe a handfull of people for Blizzard Beach (or sometimes nobody. Some of the drivers asked if there was anybody going to BB to see if they could skip the stop).

Nickels5

Looks like I will be getting a taxi, has someone who takes the buses this a rather disappointed move. I could understand if later on in the day they wanted to do this but not for the first couple of hours. Bad move Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom