Changes in the Festival of the Lion King

What is your favorite part of the Festival of the Lion King?

• Tumble Monkeys

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Hyena (Fire Spinning)

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Birds' Ballet

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

discos

Does anyone know how many casts they have performing this show each day because 8 shows a day for one cast would be insanity.

Sonconato

Original Poster
Even though it was raining, it was a perfect day for the 7:00 PM Festival of the Lion King. Everyone, including the Tumble Monkeys, performed quite well. Not only was everyone there, but their performance was exceptional.
IMG_3547[1].JPG
IMG_3550[1].JPG

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I know some disagree, but Lion King (to me) is the best live action show, period. Even better than broadway, i say this because I have no interest in sitting in a theater for more than an hour. 30 minutes is just right.
You're right. I disagree. A majority of people would disagree. Who the heck ranks Festival of the Lion King over the broadway show? Have you seen the broadway show? Jesus it's the most spectacular and visually stunning thing I've ever seen in my life!

On a smaller note, I believe Finding Nemo the Musical is a much better show. But THAT is a better comparison than a broadway show. Lordy.

disney4life2008

You're right. I disagree. A majority of people would disagree. Who the heck ranks Festival of the Lion King over the broadway show? Have you seen the broadway show? Jesus it's the most spectacular and visually stunning thing I've ever seen in my life!

On a smaller note, I believe Finding Nemo the Musical is a much better show. But THAT is a better comparison than a broadway show. Lordy.

I clearly said my rationale! I have no interest in sitting in a Broadway show. Specific to disney, lion King is better than Nemo. That show while good is a bore.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney has a casting call for Tumble Monkeys up on their site for some time now. Must be an issue of having enough performers.

Po'Rich

I just saw FOTLK today, and the Tumble Monkeys were there, but the bird was completely grounded (and solo). I remember this part being aerial. Does anyone know when this change occurred?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I just saw FOTLK today, and the Tumble Monkeys were there, but the bird was completely grounded (and solo). I remember this part being aerial. Does anyone know when this change occurred?

She flew when I saw it last month.

Tori

Sounds like you saw the contingency version. She normally does fly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom