Changes in the Festival of the Lion King

What is your favorite part of the Festival of the Lion King?

• Tumble Monkeys

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Hyena (Fire Spinning)

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Birds' Ballet

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

Sonconato

Original Poster
The Festival of the Lion King is my favorite show in Walt Disney World, and my favorite part is the "Tumble Monkey" gymnastic performance. However, for the last three Sundays, the shows I have attended have not included this part of the show. I was just curious what your favorite part(s) of the show was (were).

Sonconato

Original Poster
The bird's ballet is so beautiful-it's the one thing that whenever we go to WDW, it's guaranteed to make me cry. One of my dreams at the AK is to meet her some day, get her autograph, find out her history/schooling/training for her role. The other dream I have is to meet Joe Rhode so that gives you some idea how important that bird ballet is to me.
I agree. That is my second favorite part. I like the way the female bird spins around and the way the male bird dances on the ground. Some of the male birds leap quite high.

Cmdr_Crimson

The Festival of the Lion King is my favorite show in Walt Disney World, and my favorite part is the "Tumble Monkey" gymnastic performance. However, for the last three Sundays, the shows I have attended have not included this part of the show. I was just curious what your favorite part(s) of the show was (were).

Yeaah...Those Tumble Monkey's ran off to Universal...Haha...J/K
usf-dora-float.jpg

And for the curious...(Like Myself) what do they do during that sequence when it's not happening?

Sonconato

Original Poster
Yeaah...Those Tumble Monkey's ran off to Universal...Haha...J/K
usf-dora-float.jpg

And for the curious...(Like Myself) what do they do during that sequence when it's not happening?
First of all, the equipment they hang on does not drop down and instead of the usual routine they just do the hand jive to Hakuna Matata. It lasts for about half a minute.

graphite1326

I can't imagine the show without the monkeys. I wonder if it was from an injury and they didn't have enough monkeys to do the show OR Disney was trying something new.

I don't know if this is the same thing but I once went to the Muppet 3D show and the Bunny running away part of the show was not in there. I thought Disney was trying to shorten the show to get more people through. I have since gone to the show and Bunny was back.

AndrewsJ

The bird's ballet is so beautiful-it's the one thing that whenever we go to WDW, it's guaranteed to make me cry. One of my dreams at the AK is to meet her some day, get her autograph, find out her history/schooling/training for her role. The other dream I have is to meet Joe Rhode so that gives you some idea how important that bird ballet is to me.
It is awesome. If you hang out at Sanna enough you will probably eventually run into Joe Rohde.

Sonconato

Original Poster
Well, I went to the 8:00 show, and the Tumble Moneys did no gymnastics again. This is the fourth Sunday in a row this has happened. I went to Guest Relations and could not get a straight answer.

cheezbat

I was there the other day and they didn't do their routine. Either this is hit and miss or something happened and they've currently cut that part from the show. It's nowhere near as entertaining without it.

disney4life2008

I do know they still do it some shows, but the cast members tell me they don't know which ones. Maybe 7:00 is a good show to go to. I don't know. Thank you for your input.

I know some disagree, but Lion King (to me) is the best live action show, period. Even better than broadway, i say this because I have no interest in sitting in a theater for more than an hour. 30 minutes is just right.

Donfan

I absolutely agree. These are top-notch gymnasts, one of which won the bronze medal in the 2008 Olympics.
Can you tell us how you know this? We will be taking our Granddaughter in October. She is a budding gymnast who just won All-around in her state for her level and would like to be able to tell her there might be a future in gymnastics if she wants to pursue it.

Sonconato

Original Poster
Can you tell us how you know this? We will be taking our Granddaughter in October. She is a budding gymnast who just won All-around in her state for her level and would like to be able to tell her there might be a future in gymnastics if she wants to pursue it.
The gymnast is named Joseph Hagerty and he has a Wikipedia page that states this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom