Changes at Chef Mickey's

drew81

Original Poster
This is rumored to be a test-
Mickey Mouse is no longer visiting tables at Chef Mickey's. He is now in the lobby at the photo location. This decision came from a manager who decided they need to sell more photos. It's similar to what they did to Donald Duck at Tusker House.

Unfortunately, Mickey doesn't have a character attendant assigned to him in the lobby- which is very unsafe for him. Hopefully that will change.

prberk

I liked him visiting tables better, I think. (Profits aside.) The still, posed pic is probably nice, but I think the ones at the tables are always more lively and fun.

Paul

Maerj

Very lame.

Half the reason people sign up for the character meals is because they visit your table instead of having to wait in long lines in the parks. If I paid all that money and only got to see him at the photo thing, I'd be PO'd.

Bring Mickey back to the tables...and make it that talking Mickey that they tested in Disneyland!

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
Oh god, not another one. They really love making their money, don't they?
It's such a better experience when you meet Mickey and he chills with you for a few minutes...but no...they had to remove that, didn't they?

Is Mickey at the Tusker House also?

BrerFrog

And I predict Chef Mickey's CMs will be dealing with a barrage of complaints for as long as Mr. Mouse decides to only take pictures with his guests on the entrance.

majorrfb

Lame, indeed

And I predict Chef Mickey's CMs will be dealing with a barrage of complaints for as long as Mr. Mouse decides to only take pictures with his guests on the entrance.

The CM's won't have a barrage of complaints because folks who normally go to Chef Mickey's will not attend. We brought our kids their to have the interaction at the table with Mickey at the table NOT to get into a line a wait for a photo op. :hammer:

drew81

Original Poster
Oh god, not another one. They really love making their money, don't they?
It's such a better experience when you meet Mickey and he chills with you for a few minutes...but no...they had to remove that, didn't they?

Is Mickey at the Tusker House also?

Yes, Mickey, Daisy Duck and Goofy visit tables and Donald is outside for photos.

I've heard they weren't selling enough photos so that's why they decided to do this. It might work okay at Tusker House breakfast with Donald but Chef Mickey's is not Tusker House.

Figment1986

This is disapointing, but understandable, couldn't they just set it up that the characters trade shifts out front like goofy's kitchen at the disneyland hotel does, I've seen goofy out there, then later going around tables while donald moved out front.

I don't see why they care about not selling enough photos when now people will just get in line to see mickey, have photo taken and not buy the package...

asianway

Back in the day, Donald used to be the dedicated photo op.

Going back even further, they used to mix up the line up when it was the Terrace/Contemporary Cafe - Brer Fox, White Rabbit....At least at Goofy's Kitchen there is a random element - with Pluto at the host stand.

::D__________g now before this becomes a DL vs WDW thread::

mickey2008.1

As if they arent charging enough for the character breakfast, now i have to wait in a long line to get my picture nad to get my table. Nickle and dime us right out of going there completely.:brick:

donaldfan

Yeah, the waiting in line for a pic with Donald really frustrated me. After you have spent $20+ per person on breakfast, someone tries to sell you a picture -- really? Do these people not understand how much money you've already spent and that you are on vacation and don't need to CONSTANTLY have someone's hand in your wallet??

I used to go to Donald's breakfast on every trip, now I do not go at all.

At least at the Cinderella thing, they just give you the picture.

bork

Well maybe they'd sell more pictures if the prices weren't so ridiculous. Or if they put it on photopass instead of hitting you up while you're trying to eat.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How can Chef Mickey be a Chef if he stays in the lobby? This is a fatal flaw in the theming of this restaurant.

Even Emeril ventures past his lobby.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
How can Chef Mickey be a Chef if he stays in the lobby? This is a fatal flaw in the theming of this restaurant.

Even Emeril ventures past his lobby.

This was my first thought as well. If he's in the lobby greeting guests, who's cooking the food?

This is such a lame idea...the ONLY thing this place really had to recommend was meeting Mickey at your table without waiting on a long line. The food is subpar.

BrerFrog

This was my first thought as well. If he's in the lobby greeting guests, who's cooking the food?

This is such a lame idea...the ONLY thing this place really had to recommend was meeting Mickey at your table without waiting on a long line. The food is subpar.

Really? I thought the food there and on Crystal Palace was awesome. I ate like there was no tomorrow. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom