Change to Donald's Safari Breakfast

RozFan

Original Poster
Hello All!

I wanted to pass along some Tusker House news to inform everyone about a temporary change(but possibly permanent) for breakfast.

As of last Sunday(08/09/09) Donald is outside the restaurant taking pictures with your family instead of being inside the restaurant with Mickey, Goofy & Daisy. Donald does not sign autographs anymore unfortunately. To obtain his autograph at Animal Kingdom you can meet him at Camp Minnie-Mickey.

kitten2299

that doesnt bother me that hes outside for the pic since I normaly buy them anyhow but I wonder how come he doesnt give an autograph?

RozFan

Original Poster
I assume it was a time issue. With Donald signing autographs the line to have your picture taken would become rather long and everyone will probably want pictures taken now since it is the only option to interact with Donald. I also assume that this is the reason the decision was made to remove him from the restaurant, to boost the sale of PhotoPass pictures.

Maybe too many guests were opting to not have their picture taken while waiting for a table.

drew81

I assume it was a time issue. With Donald signing autographs the line to have your picture taken would become rather long and everyone will probably want pictures taken now since it is the only option to interact with Donald. I also assume that this is the reason the decision was made to remove him from the restaurant, to boost the sale of PhotoPass pictures.

Maybe too many guests were opting to not have their picture taken while waiting for a table.

The background for the photopass picture doesn't help this. I didn't want a picture because there was nothing to it. As for Donald not signing autographs, that could come back to bite them. Guests pay to meet the characters at character dining and autographs and pictures are apart of that.

stmize

last Nov they were taking the photopass outside for breakfast. Donald did sign autographs as he was coming aroung to our tables.

worldfanatic

:shrug: Character Autographs. :shrug:

Never understood that one.

Even as a five year old, if a character had started signing something for me, I would have wondered "What the heck are you doing? I don't want that scribble. Just hug me and look at the camera."
But then, I was an unusually intelligent kid. Don't know when I went bad? :ROFLOL:

It'd be nice if parents explained the time wasting uselessness of character autographs to their children. Make for a better experience for all involved, and a smarter child to boot.
There's plenty of other ways to get Disney Magic.
As far as adults who collect character autographs............:brick:.

But, oh well, to each his own.

You may begin the flames now. :lol:

NewfieFan

:shrug: Character Autographs. :shrug:

Never understood that one.

Even as a five year old, if a character had started signing something for me, I would have wondered "What the heck are you doing? I don't want that scribble. Just hug me and look at the camera."
But then, I was an unusually intelligent kid. Don't know when I went bad? :ROFLOL:

It'd be nice if parents explained the time wasting uselessness of character autographs to their children. Make for a better experience for all involved, and a smarter child to boot.
There's plenty of other ways to get Disney Magic.
As far as adults who collect character autographs............:brick:.

But, oh well, to each his own.

You may begin the flames now. :lol:

Ok, beginning now...

You're joking, right!?! If a child likes collecting autographs they are not as smart as a child who doesn't!?! I don't understand... maybe I'm not that smart!?!
My very intellectual son happens to like character autographs. He collects them along with a lot of other things! It's a great souvenir and my son has learned to read them all at the age of 5!

And what the heck is wrong with adults collecting autographs!?! It's Disney World for goodness sake! Grow up... or should I say grow down! It's the one place in the world where we can all be a child!

worldfanatic

Ok, beginning now...

You're joking, right!?! If a child likes collecting autographs they are not as smart as a child who doesn't!?
My very intellectual son happens to like character autographs.

Correct.
Sorry. But your kid is clearly a Dunce! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

NewfieFan

OK. I'm kidding!!!!!! Trying for a reaction.

But I still wonder about adults who want autographs. :shrug: That's just weird!!!

Well, consider my best friend weird. This is her first to the "World" and she can't wait to start collecting autographs. Btw, she's a teacher and is very much looking forward to showing her students all the autographs she has collected!

drew81

Some guests like autographs. Some guests don't. To each his own. I don't feel if someone gets character autographs, whether they be a child or adult, it causes them to be weird.

As far as character dining, part of paying for that experience is the characters come to you. Tusker House is hard enough for the characters and their rotation. Now that they've took Donald out of the mix, I wonder what that means for Daisy, Mickey and Goofy????

PrincessK

What if I don't want to purchase the picture package? Does that mean I won't get to meet Donald, or is there a photopass photographer there who will scan my card?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom