Change from POR to Caribean Resort for Free dining?

jkl2000

POFQ is excluded. POR has no rooms available for the discounts.

I just changed from POFQ to WL for free dining. Yes, it feels more like I'm "paying" for the free dining because I'm going from a moderate to deluxe, but WL is what I really wanted deep down, and I didn't just want to switch to another moderate - partly because I hadn't bothered to research any of them!

Upvote 0

meyeet

I just changed from POFQ to WL for free dining. Yes, it feels more like I'm "paying" for the free dining because I'm going from a moderate to deluxe, but WL is what I really wanted deep down, and I didn't just want to switch to another moderate - partly because I hadn't bothered to research any of them!
We're looking at the same thing here. Currently booked at POFQ, POR has no free dining rooms available, looking at WL now. Does anyone know what the cheapest Deluxe is?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We're looking at the same thing here. Currently booked at POFQ, POR has no free dining rooms available, looking at WL now. Does anyone know what the cheapest Deluxe is?
It will vary between the Garden wings at the Contemporary, standard rooms at WL, and non-savannah view rooms at AKL.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

If you're looking to change to another moderate (not a deluxe) there is nothing wrong with the CBR. It's more spread out than POFQ but I like it just as much. If they have free dining and POFQ doesn't, I wouldn't hesitate.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Even though CB is my last choice for moderates, I would probably switch to CB to get the free dining. We are the type who aren't at the resort very long each day so the free dining would be totally worth it. There is nothing wrong with CB, just prefer other places if it works out.

But man, it is hard to go from POR to CB.

Upvote 0

meyeet

Has CBR updated to queen beds yet? Looking like lots of the free dining rooms are being taken up this morning for the week we'll be there.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We've stayed at CBR twice and loved it. Nice food court, lovely "beaches" with hammocks, steel drum music, and a quick walk to the food court and main pool if you stay in Aruba or Jamaica near the foot bridge (which we asked for and got both times). I wouldn't turn it down, even without free dining! (I should note that we always rent a car so I can't comment on the buses from first hand experience.)

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Caribbean is a nice resort, I have stayed there quite a few times. Lovely island area in the middle of the resort that is a nice little wander area. Buses weren't really ever a problem for me there.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member

Make sure your birthday celebration is noted on your reservation. When we stayed at WL for my husband's "big" birthday, we got upgraded to club level which was a wonderful surprise.

Upvote 0

LucyK

I would not change resorts for Free Dinning. And I just know POFQ will be excluded again next year :arghh:

I rather stay at my favorite resort and pay for the DDP then move to a resort I might not enjoy as much.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom