Celebrity Encounters

Maria

Let´s see.... the ones I remember right now are: Jaclyn Smith, Drew Carrey, the guy who played Jim Dial in Murphy Brown, N´Sync... but the best one was Mr. Khofi Annan, UN Secretary General. I shook hands with him for a press photo, and he was nice... I have that pic in a frame! :sohappy:

sillyspook13

Oh boy, I have a long list....

I have performed with Robert Urich, Phylisha Rashad, Gary sinise, Story Musgrave, Alfre Woodard, and Levar Burton in Candellight.

My sisters and their husbands have met countless celebrities while working in the parks. (though no autographs:animwink: )

Saw Mikey at AK during the cast preview.

Saw Chris and Lance of N sync at Disney Quest.

Attended 98º filming for a Christmas special at AK. (got yelled at by their bodyguard for "disturbing the band" when flirting with Nick:kiss: )

Watched Tapestry with Roy Disney on Walt's birthday.

Talked to Brad Rex, the new Epcot v.p., at the passholder lounge on Saturday.

I know most of the people from Blast! although they aren't really "celebrities".

And now for the non-Disney ones!!!.....
Shook hands with Clinton during his 1996 campaign.

My babysitters when I was little were Georgia senator Ned Sanders and his wife.

Saw Jack Hanna at Busch Gardens.

And here's my personal favorite.... I got to sing with and talk to Joey of N Sync at the Hard Rock Hotel tree lighting ceremony.

Loucifr

Silly you shook hands with Bill Clinton, I hope you washed afterwords.

Ned sanders is a Georgia senator? I thought he was on the Simpsons. Kidding.

Hey not only did i see those superstars from Milli Vinilli but I have also ran into Larry Bird at pleasue island.

The coolest thing to happen to me at Disney World:

Superbowl XXV(25) was in Tampa and we were in disney the week before the game. The Saturday before the game there was a drawing at the Disney marketplace for 2 tickets to the game. I won them!!! I was only 16 we were flying home the next morning before the game and of course mom and dad would not let me stay and go to the game. I ended up selling them to some guy and his wife for $900. I went to florida that year with $250. came home with $800, which was a ton of money for a 16 year old. Dad matched that money when we got home and I bought my first (beater) car with it. So I can say that Disney Co. Paid for 1/2 of my 1st car.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Loucifr

The coolest thing to happen to me at Disney World:

Superbowl XXV(25) was in Tampa and we were in disney the week before the game. The Saturday before the game there was a drawing at the Disney marketplace for 2 tickets to the game. I won them!!! I was only 16 we were flying home the next morning before the game and of course mom and dad would not let me stay and go to the game. I ended up selling them to some guy and his wife for $900. I went to florida that year with $250. came home with $800, which was a ton of money for a 16 year old. Dad matched that money when we got home and I bought my first (beater) car with it. So I can say that Disney Co. Paid for 1/2 of my 1st car.

That is cool.

I was down last year when the game was in Tampa. I went to ESPN Club every night that week. There were tons of atheletes there. The day of the super bowl I spent $50 bucks on food/drinks and was there for over 12 hours, from the moment the club opened at 11 till way after the game was over.

i can top all of those...

i was blinded momentarily from being in the presence of superstardom...

we were in line for snow white's adventures, when who should get off the ride but...

no i can't say. you'll be so jealous

oh, okay, but don't say i didn't warn you...

it was SCREECH from saved by the bell!

BOY RACER

Steven :hurl: Spielberg was at EPCOT one time when I was there(I think it was the Millennium). However I really don't care for the man so I didn't really care that he was there. If it was George Lucas that would have been a whole different story, but I digress. While this is not at WDW I saw Bono(U2) at DCA and rode two cars in front of the twin boys from Big Daddy on California Screamin'.:D

NowInc

Originally posted by stinkyface

it was SCREECH from saved by the bell!

You sure he wasnt working there? I mean...i dont think he has had much of an acting career after his little show ended ;)

We were at the Boardwalk waiting for our car at the valet stand when this guy with terrible clothes got out of a mini-van. My husband and I were joking about how bad he looked, then he turned around and we saw his face. It was Steven Tyler!

NowInc

LoL..apparently Mr.Tyler is "the man to see" at WDW...I also have been graced by his presence at the parks....lol....

lborne

I know I'm a bit late with this post....

When I was working with Main Street Ops in the summer of 91, I ran into and helped guard Michael (Michelle) Jackson and McCulley Caulkin. The two of them were there doing some shopping at the main street stores and a couple of us had to try and keep people at a distance. When the crowds got too big, we'd whisk them down thru the tunnel and pop him up on the other side of the street or a different store. Michael bought Mculley a nice Mickey watch at one store.

The funny thing is that I actually bumped into Michael before I was called up to help guard him. Another CM and myself were tasked with the job of going to collect the money at the penny arcade and bring it downstairs to accounting. I was new and he'd been there a few years. After getting the money, we were walking back to the CM entrence to the stairs. Michael and a bodyguard type were coming up and I accidently ran into him. (I did not notice if McCulley Caulkin was there, but he must have been). I mentioned to my fellow CM that I was shocked to have just bumped into M.J. He did not seem impressed and told me that they had recently gotten some crazy people who like to dress up like M.J. to get attention and it probably was not really him. Of course, about 30 min later was when we got a call to help guard him.

Kevin Page

During our honeymoon, we stayed in the Honeymoon Suite at the GF (amazing room with view of the WEdding Pavillion and Cinderella's Castle), we were on the Conceirge Level.

In the morning at breakfast, we sat across from Kelly Ripa's husband and family. After they left, Regis came and sat down by himself reading a USA Today and drinking orange juice. I ended up walking by him a few times on my way up and down to the buffet.

And on this past trip (last weekend), "Blair" from Facts of Life, was in the AP section of Epcot watching Illuminations with her husband and a younger child.

I'm sure she was dismayed when I was standing next to her and I yelled SHUT UP 2X to a bunch of rowdy cheerleaders who would SCREAM as every single firework went into the air, completely runing the whole experience :)

Kevin Page

PrincessK

Mr. Tyler....

Steven Tyler is the nicest and most down to earth guy ever. Well, except for those clothes. LOL

I've never met him but my parents have several times. I guess that I've just missed him by minutes too. He goes into my work all the time. Come on! Why can't I get to work a couple minutes earlier! LMAO

Kristin

StarscreamLSU

The dad who wasn't Paul Reiser on 'My two dads', Joey Fat-One, Mark Hammill, Regis, some soap opera guy from Days of Our Lives (all I remember is my mom going nuts after seeing him)...

NowInc

Re: Mr. Tyler....

Originally posted by PrincessK
Steven Tyler is the nicest and most down to earth guy ever. Well, except for those clothes. LOL

I've never met him but my parents have several times. I guess that I've just missed him by minutes too. He goes into my work all the time. Come on! Why can't I get to work a couple minutes earlier! LMAO

Kristin

Wow...he was a complete butt when I met him...in fact he has a rep of being a real mean dude at times...guess your parents got him on good days ;)

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Tigggrl
Wayne Brady was there about a week and a half or so ago with his family at MGM...I also saw Al Weiss and Michael Eisner, as the both walked by, and Michael stopped and took pics and answered questions. Just out of the blue...It was nice...
Tig :animwink:

Were you visiting around Walt's Bday time? Cause they were all at MGM then lol. *yawns* I never had a run in with anyone except Gary Sinese's wife who bought things from me. (I so didn't realize it till after but she's so swee.) And then they sat in front of me at Chruch cause it was Christmas Eve. *hmmm*

My best friend ran into Eisner at DCA when it first opened and actually told the poor man she wanted his job. I'm glad I wasn't there I would have been so embarassed lol.

Lhriangel

Re: Re: Mr. Tyler....

Originally posted by NowInc

Wow...he was a complete butt when I met him...in fact he has a rep of being a real mean dude at times...guess your parents got him on good days ;)

My roommate met him and said he was cool because he played with all the glow toys in the stock room...

I don't know waht to say bout him but he wasn't too happy when my friend Anthony cut him off in Hollywood... LOL.

honeymo78

Years ago the woman who played Hot Lips Houlihan on Mash sat behind us in one of the movies at an Epcot pavillion - maybe France.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom