Celebrities at WDW

Scrappyreader

Original Poster
Has anyone ever met or seen celebrities at WDW? My dad and mom saw John Travolta one time (they say he was getting a behind-the-scenes private tour). My brother met the guy who was in the Darth Vadar costume in the Star Wars movies. My dad met a basketball player from the 90s once whose name I can't remember. Anyone have any celebrity stories to share?

Hollie

a2grafix

There have been several threads the past few years on this topic (like this one) but it's always good to revisit.

I, for one, remember two celebrities, well, make that four celebrities. In August 1990 me and my family witnessed an autograph / cement ceremony with Mary Fran, best known as Bo Newhart's wife in the 1980s sitcom "Newhart" outside the Chinese Theatre at MGM Studios. Saw the parade too. Have to dig out a shot of her and some of the cast members, including Roger Rabbit.

In 1993 me and my friend were "in" WDW at the same time the late Princess Diana, Prince William and Prince Harry were on holiday. Though we never saw the Royals, we did read the Orlando Sentinel's coverage about their holiday and heard some stories from the cast members. One cast member said the presidential suite at the Grand Floridian was now vacant and for use because the Royals left that morning.

Fun stuff.

glee

Has anyone ever met or seen celebrities at WDW? My dad and mom saw John Travolta one time (they say he was getting a behind-the-scenes private tour). My brother met the guy who was in the Darth Vadar costume in the Star Wars movies. My dad met a basketball player from the 90s once whose name I can't remember. Anyone have any celebrity stories to share?

Hollie

Only Z listers!!! :hammer::shrug:

I saw natasha bedingfield play at uiversal if that counts...???:lol:

pacochran

A couple of years back while waiting for my wife and daughter to come off the ToT, my son and I met Neal Patrick Harris. I was able to get my son's picture with him.

Also met David Acheleta (sp?) getting off the RnRC, wife and kids got a picture with him.

DizneyPryncess

I saw Pittsburgh Steeler Santonio Holmes a year or two ago. I'm from Pittsburgh so this was fairly exciting for me. They had stopped Toy Story Mania the cart before I was supposed to get on, and brought him out from nowhere with his family & put them on. At first I was like, "Who the heck are these people?" - and then we figured it out. We didn't get to meet him or anything like that though.

Krack

About 20 years ago, I met Burt Reynolds and Loni Anderson in the castle gift shop. I was a teenager and Burt was very nice and shook my hand.

dreamscometrue

We met Joe Rohde at A.K. in front of Everest in early Jan. 2006. He left the t.v. film crew he was with came over to us (after we asked) to pose for 2 photos. He talked about Everest for a minute (it hadn't opened yet), and took time to not only sign my daughter's autograph book, but drew a sketch...of himself. He was very nice.:)

I saw Brandon Jacobs of the New York Giants, at M.K.

In late April or early May, 2008, my wife and daughter were next in line for Everest when a group appeared out of nowhere and was ushered onto the ride with an entourage. It was the Jonas Brothers. I guess the very large security guy was not too thrilled to be going on this ride, and the guys were teasing him about it. :)

I also swear I saw Steve Harris from Iron Maiden, or it was his twin. I was right beside him and was going to ask, but he was with a family (?): 3 or 4 girls. When I got home, I read online that he has 3 daughters. Hmmmm.

I saw Pittsburgh Steeler Santonio Holmes a year or two ago. I'm from Pittsburgh so this was fairly exciting for me. They had stopped Toy Story Mania the cart before I was supposed to get on, and brought him out from nowhere with his family & put them on. At first I was like, "Who the heck are these people?" - and then we figured it out. We didn't get to meet him or anything like that though.

I don't know how I feel about a football player getting special treatment at WDW like line cutting. (Unless a member of his party was a guest w/disability) I guess this could have been for the being the Super Bowl MVP and the promotion that comes with it but I just guess he should have to wait in line like the rest of us. You know with our old Souvenir mugs, thinking about which pool we are going to hop to next.

DizneyPryncess

I don't know how I feel about a football player getting special treatment at WDW like line cutting. (Unless a member of his party was a guest w/disability) I guess this could have been for the being the Super Bowl MVP and the promotion that comes with it but I just guess he should have to wait in line like the rest of us. You know with our old Souvenir mugs, thinking about which pool we are going to hop to next.

We kind of felt the same way...especially after the looong wait we were in. I know with some celebrities it's necessary to avoid mobbing & dangerous situations. I just wasn't sure how many people would really recognize him in a ball cap, and regular clothes with his family. He was MVP that year, so you're right that it is possible that is was part of the promotion.

Cubs Brian

We have ran into Shaq twice, both times at pleasure Island, he was pretty cool with my son and the second time( 2 years later) he even remembered our names. Funny thing is about a year ago I ran into him in Vegas, heard someone calling my name turned around and it was him. He even offered to cover my losses at the blackjack table. Super cool dude!

Master Gracey 5

We have ran into Shaq twice, both times at pleasure Island, he was pretty cool with my son and the second time( 2 years later) he even remembered our names. Funny thing is about a year ago I ran into him in Vegas, heard someone calling my name turned around and it was him. He even offered to cover my losses at the blackjack table. Super cool dude!

That's pretty awesome that he remembered you. Shaq is one of those individual who is more intelligent than people give him credit for.

MUTZIE77

Last December I saw Kelly Rippa, she was there for the taping of the Christmas Parade. Three years ago I was at the ESPN zone watching the Packers vs. Cowboys game and Jessica Simpson was sitting in a corner area with her entourage, she was watching the game because she was dating Cowboys QB Tony Romo at the time. One of her gal pals passed out and went down hard coming back from the restroom and had to be taken out by stretcher.

stainofmind

That's pretty awesome that he remembered you. Shaq is one of those individual who is more intelligent than people give him credit for.

You hit that one on the head. He plays a big dummy schtick, but he's got quite a bit going on upstairs, including the fact that he has an MBA and I've heard that he's working on a PhD.

UrbanDonovan

I saw Tim Tebow in the Magic Kingdom back in December. It was the day that the college football awards show was happening and he ended up taking the really sick girl as his date for the show.

Hrudey3032

On the same trip a few years ago I saw Doug Flutie(Buffalo Bills at the time) with his wife and kids walking through Fantasyland to Liberty Square then a few days later I saw another AFC East QB Chad Pennington(NY Jets at that time) just outside Mousegear with his newborn child tryiong to calm the baby down. This last March Britney Spears and her 2 kids were going through Toontown as I was sitting waiting on my brother.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom