Celebrities and YOU

BSikor

Back in the 80's I bumped into Tempest Bledsoe from the Cosby Show. Literally. I wasn't watching where I was going and neither was she and BANG! After a few I'm sorries, we were off but that moment... magical. :)

Lets see, who else...

When I was working on the Land boats back when it was actual tours and not a recording, Wayne Newton was there and I was mesmerized by his hair. It was go stiff! As the boat came to a stop to lower his hair, I mean head and watch your step. TRUE STORY!

There was a no-so famous to everyone, German documentary filmmaker on my boat once who looked uber familiar. As the beginning of the ride was taking place, I kept trying to place him. I asked the guest relations rep who was sitting a couple rows ahead. Sitting with him was a translator and in the row in front, a camera crew, filming him for a Disney Channel special on Disney's Animal Kingdom, which was about to open. The guest relations rep told me his name and I was floored. I was seasonal and just started working on holiday break. Not more that two weeks prior, I watched one of his films in class and we discussed his work (I went to an art and design college btw). The GR rep began to say he makes documentaries like.. and I cut her off a named a few. She was a bit surprised. She turned to the gentelman, who I am ashamed to not remember his name off the top of my head, and said, "he knows you" pointing at me. He said "Yes?", I told him I just watched one of his films and truely enjoyed it and spouted off some technique that he used (showcasing that college education). I gave the best tour I ever did, broke out all the "B" material that I never used and some unscripted stuff I learned by speaking with the greenhouse team.

After the ride, he and his entourage disembarked and he walked to the front where I was and thanked me (in broken english) for the tour. He gave me some advice about filmmaking and we spoke back and forth for about 5 minutes before he was told he had to move on by his handlers. It was very memorable. All the rest of the CM's on the dock were wondering who he was, after I told them, they were still wondering.

I know I have more but thats enough for now.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I saw Jonathon Taylor Thomas in 1996 at MGM, there was a special Tool Time Fathers Day parade. And I saw Eartha Kitt for the Candlelight Processional (she did a great job, but I had and have really no idea what she is a celeb for).

I guess I just get into my own little world at Disney I probably have seen some but I'm too caught up in everything else to notice.

MattyFresh

I saw Jonathon Taylor Thomas in 1996 at MGM, there was a special Tool Time Fathers Day parade. And I saw Eartha Kitt for the Candlelight Processional (she did a great job, but I had and have really no idea what she is a celeb for).

I guess I just get into my own little world at Disney I probably have seen some but I'm too caught up in everything else to notice.

Eartha Kitt was Catwoman on the original Batman TV series. Adam West as Batman

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom