Celebrities and YOU

mwoates

Original Poster
I was just wondering how many celebrities visit Disneyworld. Can we start a thread (if it doesn't exist already) of celebrity pictures you have taken when visiting the Disneyworld parks? Much obliged to any willing to participate.

lunarsquid

in all my trips, i've never seen a celebrity. But then again, the only celebrities i'd recognize are all dead, lol.
I hate most 'celebrities' so I don't keep up. I'll have to let my girlfriend point out "famous" people to me next time. :D

ldsprincess

i know Michelle Kwan visited Disney World back in the day during the 25th anniversary. there's a pic of her with the castle cake in the background, i thought it was so cool becuase i'd been there too! i can't find the pic online...but it was in a book that i had about her when i was younger. i was such a huge fan in elementary school! lol

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Drew Carey often goes, but I've never seen him.

I've seen two celebrities at WDW, and they couldn't have been more different.

The first was Diane Sawyer and her husband, director Mike Nichols. They couldn't have been more unassuming, and were jsut walking around enjoying themselves, not bothering anyone. I recognized her, but didn't say anything or give any sort of recognition.

The second was Rosie O'Donnell, who wanted everyone to know she was there, and was causing quite a spectacle. She had a group of CM's protecting her as she walked around, talking in her loud voice. She was clearly drawing attention to herself.

primetime52

I was in Magic Kingdom in Spring of 2000 and saw Dharma from "Dharma and Greg." That was back when that show was somewhat popular. I wanted to talk to her so I told her I love her show.... but that was a lie. That show stank.

CThaddeus

At Disney World I can only claim one - Beyonce. But, I should add she was performing for the 2006 Christmas Parade on ABC. So, that probably doesn't count. Oh, and Marie Osmond was doing the Candlelight Ceremony at EPCOT.
At Disneyland, though, I have seen quite a few celebrities...many because I worked there: Neil Patrick Harris in Toontown with his girlfriend on the show "Doogie Howser" Robyn Lively, Andie McDowell trying to get through Thanksgiving crowds, Marie Osmond (again) on Star Tours, Nicolas Cage and Patricia Arquette getting on the Submarine Voyage (this was about ten years ago!), Lance Hendrickson (Kerchak from "Tarzan") buying admission from me at the Disneyland Hotel, Harry Anderson performing magic in Toontown for a TV special, and a few others I can't recall at the moment. The only one I have absolute proof of is Neil Patrick Harris, though I only caught him for about a second because my camcorder battery died.
But, my favorite celebrity sighting is a person I see at Disneyland all the time - Tony Baxter. I have a few snippets of video of him at a distance, and got to talk to him once. Interestingly, none of those encounters occured when I worked there.

phjruz0.jpg

Priest Holmes and Jerry Rice at espn the weekend at MGM in March of '06.
My husband said he also saw Tony Gonzalez walking around and he recognized a bunch of other guys, too.
If they aren't from Detroit, I don't pay too much attention.

Even though I am from the D, I still might notice A-Rod or Jeter (just cuz they are HOT!). I would also know Papi, but that's just because he's my favorite non-Detroit athlete!!!! (secretly in my heart I am a member of Red Sox Nation!!).

iKat

About 10 years ago we had dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse (that's what it's called, right?) and saw Regis Philbin eating there.

Craig & Lisa

When we were there at AK in Aug. of 06 we saw and talked to Joe Rhode, he was very friendly and very personable. And they are not kidding about just mention how much you like EE and his face just lights up. We even got a picture, but stupid me didn't burn those pic's to a cd and the drive crashed.:cry: :cry: , but at least I have the memory.:D

dinodak

I don't have any pics but when I was working there I saw the following celebs:

Andy Pettite (Yankee picther)
Greg Maddux (current Padre pitcher)
Jason Alexander (George from Seinfeld)
Christina Aguilera
Markie Post (Nightcourt)
Harrison Ford
Princess Fergie
Rosie O'Donnell

I heard from other CM's that Rosie was just unbearable!

dmmgp2000

Countless numbers of athletes for ESPN: The Weekend, but my favorite is when I was at MK the Tuesday before Thanksgiving of 2006. My group and I were next to board Pirates when Steven Tyler and his group walks down the ramp and boards the boat behind us! After the ride he hung out in the gift shop for about 20 minutes, even taking pictures with people.

mpoppins76

No pics (because I was working and would've gotten "terminated" :rolleyes: ), but on CP:
Bruce & Demi (back when they were "Bruce & Demi"), came into the shop I was working in Toontown. They were incredibly friendly and talked to everyone. :)
Diane Keaton...not so friendly. Held a backstage door for her and she just brushed by like she couldn't be bothered. :rolleyes:

When I was a "friend" of Chip & Dale, at a character breakfast at BC I had "my" picture taken with Jason Alexander. (Of Seinfeld, not Britney's ex) :lol:

Oh and on our last trip in May, it wasn't at the park, but at the airport going home we saw William Shatner going through security. :)

Scott M

In 1993, we were seated next to Hulk Hogan and company during dinner at the Coral Reef.

The next day I played golf ahead of Robert Ulrich (SWAT, Vegas) and met him as he and his foursome followed through (this was one of my good days of golf).

We've seen Aerosmith's Steven Tyler from afar in the parks and resorts several times, but never close enough to meet him. I hear that he visits quite often to this day, making his home in New England.

Scott

PeoplemoverTTA

Just before spring training started (and I'm talking days before) I saw Ben Roethlisberger in DTD. I was alone, and almost walked into him. I looked up into his face and thought to myself, "Why do I know this guy?" Then I noticed he was wearing a Steelers hat. Yet again in my head (what am I, JD on Scrubs?), I thought "oh darn, it's Big Ben!" Of course, all this transpired after he was walking away. I didn't have a camera, but I had my cell phone, and if I had half a brain I would have asked him for a picture. It was DTD and there wasn't a ton of people. Oh well.

When my brother was a CM in 1999 he saw Harrison Ford and Doug Flutie (he loaded them onto Skyway).

In Dec. 2001 (Christmas Eve) my sister and brother saw John Stamos and Rebecca Romjin in Fantasyland. I was disappointed I missed them, but then the day after Christmas we saw them again at DHS/MGM, so I was able to finally see them. It was before I had a digital camera, though.

Last March I went to DL on my grand prize from McD's for the Happiest Celebration on Earth contest (just had to throw that in...who would think a Disney-psycho like me would win a trip?), I went on Space Mountain while my sister, mom, and dad waited near Club Buzz. When I came back, they excitedly told me they saw Jaime Lee Curtis walking by and took some pics. Here's one:
JLC.jpg

Then, literally like 20 minutes later, I argued with my dad about where to eat (long story, but we were going to DCA and he wanted a hot dog, but he insisted we go to Coke Corner....stupid tift). I went off on my own for awhile (don't worry, parents, I'm 26!), and on my way out of DL into DCA, I saw Brad Garrett (Everybody Loves Raymond, A Bug's Life). I didn't bother him, but I took his picture (ha, now my family's even on the celebrities :)):
BG.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom