Celebrate Today audio added after IllumiNations

Captain Chaos

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...ate-Today-audio-added-after-illuminations.htm
A Celebrate Today audio tag has been added after IllumiNations. The voice is the mail announcer that is used for the "15 mins to go" voice. After the brief narration, Promise is played as normal. After Promise, a pop version of a Celebrate Today song is played (possible sang by a High School Musical movie singer). Fortunately after that, the traditional Tapestry of Nations music is played as normal.

And so it begins... Adding Disney's teen pop performers into the park.. Told ya, Miley Cyrus will be singing Tomorrow's Child, the pop version...

krankenstein

That sounds just awful.
:hurl: :lol:

Anyhoo, here's the Celebrate Today banners outside EPCOT if anyone is interested...

picture.php

Not great...better than the last ones though, IMHO.

There are, or are going to be, banners at EPCOT using the World Bold/Prototype type font for "Celebrate Today"

:eek::eek:

:sohappy::sohappy:

:D:D

The above has been approved by Krankenstein!

WDW Monorail

Ok, here is the modified ToN:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8458802208173208302&hl=en

It starts as the normal ToN/ToD and for the Celebrate You part, I used an instrumental and vocal version that I found. It starts at about 6:15. I cut Celebrate You in a way that is longer than the Celebrate the Future section. The ToN/ToD continues until the end where I added something extra.
To tell the truth, the transition between classical/world and rock is not very good. But that might be resolved with some extra instrumentals. It just doesn't flow as Celerate the Future did.

EPCOT Explorer

It starts as the normal ToN/ToD and for the Celebrate You part, I used an instrumental and vocal version that I found. It starts at about 6:15. I cut Celebrate You in a way that is longer than the Celebrate the Future section. The ToN/ToD continues until the end where I added something extra.
To tell the truth, the transition between classical/world and rock is not very good. But that might be resolved with some extra instrumentals. It just doesn't flow as Celerate the Future did.

Ah...So I guess this is what we can expect then?:zipit:

Lovely.:brick:

Good work though...

WDW Monorail

Im not much of a fan ofit either. If it has to be done, I say use only the instrumental.
I could have edited it a bit better though.

Thanks EE.

hpyhnt 1000

Yeah, it just doesn't quite work. It was a nice effort though. :eek: :wave:

ISTCrew20

Just as an FYI - This same version of Celebrate You is now played after Wishes. It currently is :
-Wishes Show
-Wishes Duet
-Celebrate You
-A Dream is a Wish

I didn't stick around long enough to hear if Can You Feel the Love Tonight and the second Wishes Duet are still played.

Hopefully these versions are standins for much nicer sounding versions that are on the way.

imagineer boy

Just listened to it all the way through... yuck. Just terrible. The transition is terrible, and its incredibly out of place.

EPCOT Explorer

Just as an FYI - This same version of Celebrate You is now played after Wishes. It currently is :
-Wishes Show
-Wishes Duet
-Celebrate You
-A Dream is a Wish

I didn't stick around long enough to hear if Can You Feel the Love Tonight and the second Wishes Duet are still played.

Hopefully these versions are standins for much nicer sounding versions that are on the way.
:dazzle::dazzle: So they are killing MK too?

The only place this genre of music fits in is in DHS.

Chape19714

I think all of you need to calm down. WDW created a multi-park promotion, and anyone who didn't see this coming was in denial. Look at the bright side, at least there isn't a Cake overlay on the castle or a wand over SSE. Count your blessings that the celebration didn't DRASTICALLY alter the parks. I know it's not done yet, but nothing on the drastic scale is planned.

It should also be added that I personally was at Illuminations on Saturday night, and really didn't think that the new celebrate Today audio was that bad. TON was still played afterward, and really no big deal. Of coarse, I'm one of the people that actually doesn't mind Celebrate Today! as a theme...as a matter of fact, I prefer it to the Year of a Million Dreams.

I should also add that Epcot is my favorite park, and fully understand Illuminations is classical, etc., etc., but this is what happens during promotions, and I don't mind at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom