Celebrate America...4th of July Fireworks (4/3/09)

WDW Insider

Glad you guys enjoyed it - I saw it for the first time from the California Grill tonight. Last year I caught it from Casey's during one of the two test shows, the hub on the 3rd, and from the Polynesian beach on the 4th.

Of course, the hub is still my favorite.

ms7479a

I was there too, standing in the center of Mainstreet near the ice cream parlor. I have to say that it was the most amazing fireworks display I have ever seen. I got it on video and will post it as soon as I can.

goodolgm

Yes, my favorite MK fireworks show returned last night and was amazing as usual. The first few seconds seemed a little off, as the main launching site didn't seem to "click" in until about a minute into the show...the first few launches only came from the island in the lagoon as well as one of the "panoramic" launch sites if that makes sense. After the narration/introduction to the show though, all was fine and people thoroughly enjoyed the show. I wish we could get perimeters/mirror launch shows more often...

Words of advice to those coming tonight, speaking from experience last night:
  • Arrive an hour early to your spot. Don't think you can do stuff until 8:45pm and then claim a spot in the hub or on a bridge with people who had been legitimately camping out two hours prior to showtime.
  • Some of the viewing areas tonight will be STANDING ROOM ONLY.
  • If there are tape lines or ropes, that means you are supposed to be on only one side of it and not the other. If a cast member asks you to comply, it is not acceptable to get in their face, scream, threaten bodily harm, and then loudly tell them to have a magical {expletive} day.
  • If someone fairly or unfairly blocks your view, it is also not okay to get in their face, make a scene in front of everyone, and set a bad example for the hundreds of kids in your direct proximity. It is a family park.

Working crowd control on the bridge last night, on a night that was not nearly as busy as tonight will be, I had situations where fights nearly broke out. C'mon people, I know it's hot, and I know it's crowded, but leave your egos at the door, just watch the fireworks. The main show has two launch sites and a 360-degree finale, everyone will see it regardless of where you are in the hub. It's not worth getting thrown out over, okay?

MyLittleAngels

Arrive an hour early to your spot. Don't think you can do stuff until 8:45pm and then claim a spot in the hub or on a bridge with people who had been legitimately camping out two hours prior to showtime.

We arrived at our spot in the hub 1 hr 20 minutes early. By an hour before the fireworks, it was already tight. By 40 minutes before the start, leaving was pretty much out of the question. I would recommend more than an hour if you want a Hub location, as that's where we were.

We did tell someone to move last night, after he showed up 15 minutes prior to the fireworks starting, and stood with his two kids in the 6 inches between my daughter and the person in fron of her. Just remember that if you're going to ask someone to move, be friendly and civil about it, and their response may not be rude back.

donsullivan

Premium Member
An alternate location to think of is at the Polynesian where i watched the show from last night. I was at the top of Sunset Point. I got there about an hour before and just sat in the grass on the hill awaiting the start of the show. Here's a couple of shots taken from there.

Clicking on the photo will take you directly to the Flickr page

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

EPCOT Explorer

An alternate location to think of is at the Polynesian where i watched the show from last night. I was at the top of Sunset Point. I got there about an hour before and just sat in the grass on the hill awaiting the start of the show. Here's a couple of shots taken from there.

:sohappy::sohappy:

Fantastic.:D

WDW Insider

Another word of advice... stick to the left side of the hub so that once the fireworks are over you can head into Adventureland. Grab a Dole Whip, enjoy PotC, and be glad that you're not in the throngs of people clawing to go to the exit, Tomorrowland, and Frontierland.

Disnut

Wonderful wonderful pictures.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

freediverdude

I was there last night too. They were funneling people through the clothing shops on Main Street, and I came out between the middle clothing shop and the watch shop across the street. About 10-15 minutes before the fireworks, there was still plenty of room find a place to stand and people moving about.

I think Main Street seems to be the best place- in the hub you're too close to the fireworks and the booms are too loud. It was difficult moving around after the fireworks though. Especially trying to get by the Casey's Corner area. Anyway, here's a video of the first section of fireworks that I took with my new iphone.....
http://gallery.me.com/freediverdude/100071/IMG_0009

Chevross

That is very neat, happy Independence Day to everyone in the US and to everyone that recognized the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom