CB-need info

Nickie729

Original Poster
Hi,
New to the forums. I am booked for June at CB. I need some help about the buses. Are they really that bad? I wanted to stay at Riverside, but it was booked. I got a really good deal for CB. Any helpful hints about the resort would be great. I loved walking around Riverside and hope that CB has some great trails too. Thanks for all the help.

PREMiERdrum

The buses weren't that bad for us. If you can talk your way into a room within walking distance of the main building, you'll be fine. The buses to and from the parks are timely, and it adds maybe a few minutes to the average trip.

If you got a good deal, it is totally worth it. However, if you can get into Port Orleans at a price you're comfortable with, I'd say go for it. There are plenty of reasons to love PORS!

slappy magoo

That's a big 10-4 good buddy!

Whoops...wrong CB...:oops:

I've never stayed at CB so I can't say good or bad about it. Never seemed like a theme that was my cup of tea, but there are LOTS of things that aren't my cup of tea that everybody else seems to love. SOMEBODY bought all those Milli Vanilli & Vanilla Ice CDs in the 90s, but it wasn't me.

However, based on another recent thread discussing CB, one thing you should be aware of is that the beds in CB rooms apparently are 2 full-sized or 1 king, not 2 queen sized. I don't know who's sharing the room with you, if it's just a significant other, or a family, or friends, etc. But if you hoped to sleep in the same bed with a significant other, and even one of you is on the big/tall/not-svelte side of sizes, it's gonna be awkward. Likewise, if you were planning to share a bed with a friend who is just-a-friend, figuring that sharing a queen bed isn't so bad, you're gonna wind up closer than you thought.

If Riverside is all booked up, I'd probably see if Port Orleans French Quarter had availability first, then Coronado Springs, before trying CB. Mainly because a: as I wrote earlier, I'm not that big on the Caribbean theme, and b: I am on the big side so those beds would be tight for me and my wife. YMMV

Ben_since_1971

I think the biggest complaint about CBR busses is that they make 7 stops within the resort, and that is by far the most of any other Disney resort. As for timings, we have been going there for the past 9 years and I cannot ever remember having a bad bus trip. Yes, we'll see the occasional 4 DTD busses in a row, but ours has always been within 15 minutes, more often less, and every 15 minutes is just about what they advertise.

They have a beautiful 1.4 mile path around Barefoot Bay that provides some spectacular views. One of the best views is from along the Aruba side of the lake at sunset, looking back towards Old Port Royale. Heavenly!!! And the island in the middle has some nice paths winding through it that are open during the day. Not very long, but they have plenty of huts with benches in which to sit back and enjoy!

Blackburn23

For us, CBR is the best resort on property. We have made many memories there and love the 1.4 mile path around the Bay in the AM with some bikes in the afternoon. The pirate cruise for kids is alot of fun. One of the best pools on the property as well. We always request to stay in Aruba so we have the access bridge to Old Port Royale but enjoy the distance. Staying at Aruba makes us one of the last pickups and drop offs for the buses but we have had no issue at all with getting buses within 15 minutes or so. Its a quick ride to DHS but a little farther for the rest.

As for getting from Customs house, we like to walk with our luggage but they do offer service to deliver you to the room. Great resort and enjoy!!

Nickie729

Original Poster
Thank you Ben and Blackburn. If you have any hints with the restaurants there, I would love to hear them. I love walking around the resorts so now I can't wait. I haven't been in 7 years so I am really excited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom