" Cat Lady" at the Grand Floridian

She goes everyday to listen to the piano player and the band play. A joke she made when I asked her how often she came she said, " I have to take a break every once and awhile so I narrowed it down to 7 days a week." I still find it comical today. The way she said it was just adorable. Some people don't notice her because she blends in with her surroundings at the Grand Floridian. People come up to her all the time to talk to her which from what she said, she doesn't seem to mind. A friend drops her off and picks her up every day at the hotel. She is really sweet and before I left to go home I said good bye to her and I told her I would see her next year. She replied jokingly, "Hopefully!"

71dsp

Glad I stumbled upon this. We've visited WDW many times, but only saw her during our last October trip. We were not trying to be rude, but we didn't know what to make of her since there was Halloween stuff going on all over the parks and in the resorts. She did return a smile when we walked past her on our way to the staircase on the second floor. Next time we see her, we'll be sure to say hello for sure.

NMBC1993

I'm so glad I found this post! My family and I have been wondering about this woman for a while now. We kept seeing her on our visits to GF and couldn't fathom why she was always there with her luggage. She couldn't be checking in again? My mother thought maybe Disney hired her to sit in the lobby, but for what reason we could never figure out.

Disney has not hired her to sit in the lobby. She is just a guest, i guess you can say, that goes there everyday to listen to the music in the lobby. From what I know she never actually stays at the GF she just has a friend drop her off and pick her up after the band gets done playing. No one knows why she take the suite case with the teddy bears. Rumor has it that years ago she and her husband would hand out teddy bears to little girls in the lobby. From what I know she rarely does that anymore.

Nic

Disney has not hired her to sit in the lobby. She is just a guest, i guess you can say, that goes there everyday to listen to the music in the lobby. From what I know she never actually stays at the GF she just has a friend drop her off and pick her up after the band gets done playing. No one knows why she take the suite case with the teddy bears. Rumor has it that years ago she and her husband would hand out teddy bears to little girls in the lobby. From what I know she rarely does that anymore.
I don't think it's much of a rumor when her sister is confirming it.

Too bad I won't be staying at the Grand Floridian, she sounds lovely.

PhotoDave219

We just got home yesterday from 5 nights at CSR followed by 6 nights at GF. During our stay at the Grand Floridian, my wife and I noticed that there was always this particular lady sitting in a chair or on a couch on the second floor. She was very eccentric looking, had a fake cat or two and some luggage, and she would just sit there. She sat so still and quiet that I thought she was a mannequin at first. Is she a regular fixture there? Do they pay someone to play the role of an eccentric old cat lady, or did we just happen to visit at a time when some weirdo was staying there? lol

Its very sad. Its where her and her husband used to go before he died. Its how she deals.

sbkline

Original Poster
I'm so glad I found this post! My family and I have been wondering about this woman for a while now. We kept seeing her on our visits to GF and couldn't fathom why she was always there with her luggage. She couldn't be checking in again? My mother thought maybe Disney hired her to sit in the lobby, but for what reason we could never figure out.

Since the theme of the resort is supposed to be a ritzy, Victorian era hotel, until I opened this thread and found out the facts, I speculated that perhaps she was hired by Disney to portray a character...that of an eccentric, rich lady that you might expect to find in such a hotel.

Sounds like a very interesting and pleasant lady. Too bad we will probably never be there again at the same time she is. Unless we come into some money, we will probably never stay there again, and even though we visit the Grand Floridian on every trip, it's always for supper around 5 or 6 PM, so she is always gone by that time.

HouCuseChickie

We actually saw her last trip. It was our first full day and our kids were a little bit wired, but she smiled while watching them skip by and I smiled back at her and said hi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom