Cat Cora's Restaurant Kouzzina

wdwfan317

Original Poster
I am a HUGE greek food LOVER. Would I enjoy Kouzzina or is there another place in Disney World that I can go to enjoy Greek cuisine? I have read the reviews and see that they're mixed. Any advice is appreciated.

minnielaw

I ate at Kouzzina in the fall of 2010 and was debating cancelling the reservation due to mixed reviews. However, I am SO glad that we didn't! It was actually one of our favorite meals of the week.

Our servers (we had 2) were absolutely wonderful and very helpful with recommendations. I had the whole fish, red snapper, which was superbly cooked and the sauce was delish (tomatoes, olives, onions...yum!) My 11 year old son had the fisherman's stew, which he really loved. Desserts were meh...I had the doughnuts (not the actual name) with dipping sauce. Son had chocolate lava cake which he enjoyed and husband had custard, which was not so good, just strange.

Sumrdog

We ate there last January and we were underwhelmed. My husband's steak was overdone. I remember the fishermen's stew being pretty good and the appetizer with the various dips was excellent, but overall we didn't leave thinking it was that great. We have had better meals at WDW. But as far as Greek food, I am not sure there is any other location that offers it specifically.
I think my favorite meal from that trip was at Sanaa, the atmosphere was great and the food was excellent!

real mad hatter

Not So Greek.Yassou.

Had a meal here on our last visit in 2010.Yes we enjoyed it but a Greek restaurant that doesn't serve Kleftiko or Stiffado seems weird to me.We were married in Crete due to having so many friends there from countless of vacations on the island,twenty or so,and we both love Greek cuisine,but all in all we had a good time.you should enjoy the experience.Yammas.:wave:

Sans Souci

Since Cat Cora is from Mississippi, I think the restaurant is supposed to be Greek-inspired with Southern influences. (I think you see the Southern influences at breakfast with the sweet potato hash.)

I have had dinner and breakfast there and I enjoyed them. I prefer breakfast just because it was very quiet and not as loud and frenetic as dinner.

It's not authentic Greek and I think this is because they have to accomodate such a large swath of guests, but you will find Greektown standards such as pastitsio, spanakopita, Greek salad for dinner.

Anyway, I'm a vegetarian, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. :)

wdwfan317

Original Poster
Sanaa

We are planning to try Sanaa, Whispering Canyon Cafe, T Rex cafe, Rose and Crown, Coral Reef, and Tokyo Dining. (as well as Kouzzina). Any comments y'all want to offer on any of those restaurants? I think if you are going to have a Greek restaurant, you just go GREEK ALL THE WAY, not partially. But hey. I guess what ever floats her(Cat Cora's)boat. The dishes all sound very good. I hate that one of you had a so-so experience. I am a foodie. I LOVE cuisine. If my food comes out not the way i like it, i send it back and order something else. I appreciate all of your comments. Thank you much! Have a magical day! :wave:

real mad hatter

Since Cat Cora is from Mississippi, I think the restaurant is supposed to be Greek-inspired with Southern influences. (I think you see the Southern influences at breakfast with the sweet potato hash.)

I have had dinner and breakfast there and I enjoyed them. I prefer breakfast just because it was very quiet and not as loud and frenetic as dinner.

It's not authentic Greek and I think this is because they have to accomodate such a large swath of guests, but you will find Greektown standards such as pastitsio, spanakopita, Greek salad for dinner.

Anyway, I'm a vegetarian, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. :)
Believe it or not 50% of Greeks are vegan.

real mad hatter

Don't Know.

I am kind of surprised by that.

Is this a Greek Orthodox thing? I thought they did not eat any animal products during Lent.

*thread drift* :animwink:

I was also surprised when we were invited to a Greek wedding in Crete,not ours,we had plenty of meat,but our friend Vangellis and about 300 guests all had vegan meals and I must admit we enjoyed it too.:wave:

flpropmgr

I would definitely recommend trying it. I've eaten there once, alone, and enjoyed the lamb burger. When at WDW with my wife, we chose not to eat there, in part because the menu seemed heavy on lamb and cinnamon, neither of which is her favorite (naturally, you can find plenty of non-lamb, non-cinnamon dishes). Remember, though, that Cat Cora is a celebrity chef; she's not trying to replicate Greece, but bring her own creativity to Greek-inspired dishes.

TronAThon

I feel this place gets overlooked, my wife and I have eaten there a lot in the past year...

The Brussel Sprouts side is delicious, I highly recommend giving that a try. If you're going there for the first time the sampler trio is a good way to go.

righttrack

As I review our last trip to the world, this was a very pleasant surprise. It felt like dining in a wonderful restaurant that one would find in a great city, not on a resort on vacation. The menu choices were perfect, with something for everyone.

I had the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken which was great. I was envious of what my daughter chose the Kouzzina Trio, because I wanted that lamb burger (and Pastitsio) too! I had the single most special dessert for that entire week and a half vacation right there. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a wonderful experience. It was the Greek-style Yogurt Sorbet with seasonal fruit and mint syrup.

Sweet Melissa

As has already been noted, the cuisine at Kouzzina is a fusion (as are many of the more ethnic restaurants in Disney World). I've never had a bad experience dining there, though. The Mediterranean flavors are used well, as are the Southern influences. Breakfast and dinner there are both outstanding. I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

ThinkTink721

Never eaten at Cat Cora's restaurant - but, her father was one of my high school history teachers!
I would love to try her restaurant one day.

GrimGrinningCor

Anybody that has to broadcast the words "Celebrity Chef" underneath their name on the restaurant sign means I'm not eating there... Not to say celebrity chef's are bad at what they do, but display it in such a way is just screaming for attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom