Castle Refurb in DL paris

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's just Disney's best castle. The way the landscape is integrated into it is perfect. It doesn't feel like it's arrived from space and set its self down on a nice blank space and for everything to be built around it.
Agreed. The whole park feels organic, for lack of a better term. Nothing feels like it was rushed or dropped in with a crane. Details were well-thought out.

lazyboy97o

Agreed. The whole park feels organic, for lack of a better term. Nothing feels like it was rushed or dropped in with a crane. Details were well-thought out.
Which is why the lack of investment has been such an odd blessing. No weird warehouses on the horizon. No poorly designed building additions. No off center windows. And all the people who did such exquisite work have been let go or allowed to walk away.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
But trimming the underbrush does make it look bigger.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

cookiee_munster

Really love the care that DLP puts into their park in Paris. They seem to treat it as an important and special place, unlike in Orlando.
I watched this video the other night and did think, I wonder if Orlando's castle will one day receive the same treatment? like actual different coloured shingled slate roofs and special stuff like that?

yensidtlaw1969

I watched this video the other night and did think, I wonder if Orlando's castle will one day receive the same treatment? like actual different coloured shingled slate roofs and special stuff like that?
I wouldn’t hold my breath - this seems to be a matter of pride in Disneyland Paris. You can’t build a fake Castle in France and just expect people to care about it, you’ve got to treat it with a level of reverence commensurate with the culture.

DLP’s Chateau is at once both the most fanciful Disney Castle and also the most grounded in reality. They used many techniques used to build real castles in the creation of the most fantastical castle in Europe, and again in its recent restoration.

For many reasons, with varying degrees of legitimacy, I would never expect WDW to treat Cinderella Castle with such respect. Sadly.

cookiee_munster

I wouldn’t hold my breath - this seems to be a matter of pride in Disneyland Paris. You can’t build a fake Castle in France and just expect people to care about it, you’ve got to treat it with a level of reverence commensurate with the culture.

DLP’s Chateau is at once both the most fanciful Disney Castle and also the most grounded in reality. They used many techniques used to build real castles in the creation of the most fantastical castle in Europe, and again in its recent restoration.

For many reasons, with varying degrees of legitimacy, I would never expect WDW to treat Cinderella Castle with such respect. Sadly.
And it's a shame because the care and attention that went into the refurbishment was just stellar.

Right now, WDW's castle just looks like a toddler that's plastered themselves in their moms make up. There's no real grace to it, which I'm hoping it may one day get back with an equally extensive refurb. I guess shingles may be too much to hope for. I know they always need to put the different climates and weather patterns into consideration. But then again, they are masters at fakery. So even if there was a way to produce something that was more long wearing that still looked traditional, that would be amazing.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

And it's a shame because the care and attention that went into the refurbishment was just stellar.

Right now, WDW's castle just looks like a toddler that's plastered themselves in their moms make up. There's no real grace to it, which I'm hoping it may one day get back with an equally extensive refurb. I guess shingles may be too much to hope for. I know they always need to put the different climates and weather patterns into consideration. But then again, they are masters at fakery. So even if there was a way to produce something that was more long wearing that still looked traditional, that would be amazing.
I agree - it's especially a shame when you consider how stunning Tokyo's Cinderella Castle has looked for the last 15+ years since its paint job was rethought. It's crazy to think that both Tokyo and WDW's Cinderella Castle's were being refurbished in 2020 and recieved such wildly different results. Tokyo's Castle looks the way WDW's should look for its 50th, and WDW's . . . well, no Castle should look the way WDW's does now. Whoever said it should be sponsored by Coppertone hit the nail on the head.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom