Castle Diamond Overlay Returning?

Nland316

Original Poster
I've noticed today via a few Instagram searches that as Sleeping Beauty Castle's christmas overlay is coming down, the old diamond celebration LED lit roofing is coming back up? Anybody got any insight as to why? I had assumed the original roof tiles were to receive a fresh coat of paint after being covered for nearly 2 years straight instead of being covered yet again.

Nland316

Original Poster
At least they took down that duct tape. This is my first time seeing it since Diamond Celebration and the animal print snow, albeit in photos.
My personal hope was that those two front turret adornments leftover from the 50th were going to removed this time around. They really do stick out imo.

180º

Ugh, I don't want it. The Diamond Castle's time has passed. I've been looking forward to seeing the castle sans-overlay.

180º

For reference, here are some pictures from March 2015 just after the castle was re-painted, but before the diamonds were added:
03-02-15-IMG_3585.jpg

03-02-15-IMG_3630.jpg

03-02-15-IMG_3777.jpg

03-02-15-IMG_3654.jpg

03-02-15-IMG_3675.jpg
I was stunned when I saw this in person after they took down the tarps. I thought it looked more beautiful than I had ever seen the castle. No more garish 50th colors, but also not as washed out as in the past. It was a shame it didn't last long, and two years later I'd really like it back. Although I agree with what someone said before, it might be nice to see the 50th finials go.

Nland316

Original Poster
I don't see what you are talking about, the castle looks pretty normal to me. Could you explain please?
If you look closely on the recent pictures of the castle I posted, those gold leaf finishes are not present on the roof as they were removed to install the Diamond overlay at the start of the 60th. Also the original shingles are not as saturative of a blue as a few of turrets that look to be having the diamond covers installed due to them not being embezzled with glitter or LEDS. Compare those close up pictures you posted to these during the overlay install. There is rope hanging different pieces, and you can completely tell the difference in color of the original and overlay. A few of those turret roofs have the same equipment being placed on top as of now so it seems.
IMG_4958.JPG
IMG_4959.JPG
IMG_4960.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The duct tape was one of the worst things I've ever seen done in a Disney park. Everyone just kind of pretended like it didn't bother them, but I'll speak for all those cowards now that the Diamond Celebration is over. The duct tape was one of the worst things ever.

Sorry, I have to disagree. The duct tape was not the worst thing ever seen in a Disney park or on a Disney castle. Don't forget about this monstrosity:
56c8e1356b188ed6ff2a76cb62c25f9e.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom