Cast Member Standards

Lilofan

I'm not someone who's "bothered" by Joe Rohde per se. However, I'm not really a fan of how he flouted the rules and now he's pointed to as "If Joe Rohde can wear all his earrings and be a CM why can't I?" For those who don't know or don't want to look it up, Joe Rohde started with a regular earring in the 80s and then stuck his Disney 5 year service pin through his ear to open the hole up more.

To be perfectly honest, I really respect and admire the work Joe Rohde has done, truly. However, when I look at him during interviews and see his ear lobe hanging down to his shoulder with who knows how many earrings, it does disgust me. If I saw CMs in the parks with huge earrings like that, it would bother me. It may not bother you, it may not affect my experience on an attraction, but it does have an effect on my experience in the park and I'd rather not see that.
Imagineering made up their own rules in terms of grooming. The Disney Look does not exist in their work groups. It is not just Joe Rohde. When he " retired " after many decades with Disney he's now an exec with Virgin Galactic.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm not someone who's "bothered" by Joe Rohde per se. However, I'm not really a fan of how he flouted the rules and now he's pointed to as "If Joe Rohde can wear all his earrings and be a CM why can't I?" For those who don't know or don't want to look it up, Joe Rohde started with a regular earring in the 80s and then stuck his Disney 5 year service pin through his ear to open the hole up more.

To be perfectly honest, I really respect and admire the work Joe Rohde has done, truly. However, when I look at him during interviews and see his ear lobe hanging down to his shoulder with who knows how many earrings, it does disgust me. If I saw CMs in the parks with huge earrings like that, it would bother me. It may not bother you, it may not affect my experience on an attraction, but it does have an effect on my experience in the park and I'd rather not see that.

WDI has always done things their own way. Same for most of the non-guest-facing creatives across all theme parks, in all divisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom