Cast Member Main Gate: reservation system

Cam66jam

Original Poster
Looking to see if anyone has heard anything about cm’s using their main gate/guest passes in regards to the reservation system.

rct247

Let's be honest. Disney is restricting how many paying customers can enter the parks into the next year. There's no way that they would encourage CMs that get in for free to take up any of that capacity. They need all the capacity they can get to try and make some money.

castlecake2.0

I tried playing around on the hub and with my comps for the new reservation system today and got nothing. I’m hoping a limited amount will be released to use week of

techgeek

Let's be honest. Disney is restricting how many paying customers can enter the parks into the next year. There's no way that they would encourage CMs that get in for free to take up any of that capacity. They need all the capacity they can get to try and make some money.

On the other hand, with the right process CM’s (and local AP’s) could be an excellent way to fill in open capacity day-of or even week-of.

Probably not an issue the first week, but if attendance falls off a cliff or half the existing reservations start not showing up it could get very interesting.

djkidkaz

CM's are a great source of revenue for the company. They are local and can make numerous trips and will buy merch and food. Obviously Disney wants to make sure that all DVC, AP and other ticket holders have first dibs but as mentioned earlier the CM's would make a great option to fill in any potential gaps, especially with the lack of travel right now. You need as many locals as you can get.

Giss Neric

CM's are a great source of revenue for the company. They are local and can make numerous trips and will buy merch and food. Obviously Disney wants to make sure that all DVC, AP and other ticket holders have first dibs but as mentioned earlier the CM's would make a great option to fill in any potential gaps, especially with the lack of travel right now. You need as many locals as you can get.
Agree. CMs are not just workers but most are fans too just like guests. A lot that I know buys a lot of merch.

PREMiERdrum

We were told in training on the new reservation systems that there would be absolutely no CM gate passes for the rest of the year, and same goes for TA passes.

HauntedMansionFLA

Comp tickets can be used July 3rd. Cast members and their main gates will probably be blocked out the rest of2020. No announcements from Disney.
Main gates are just a perk working there.

Lirael

The problem is that they're not as much revenue as guests. A CM doesn't pay for the entrance, and they have discounts on merch (unless that has changed). With Disney now limiting the number of people that can enter the park, they'll prioritize who can give them more money, which would be guests.

The way I see it, they'll only allow CMs in if somehow guest attendance is below even the current limits they've set for the parks.

Chris767

They did announce a cast member preview before they open, has anyone seen or know when we will be able to sign up for one of the dates to go to a preview? I have also been checking the hub but seen nothing since they announced them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom