Cast Member ID Question

Jer1

Original Poster
Hello!

I'm a cast member at WDW and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

What is the difference between Cast A and Cast B on the cast ID card? I think it refers to discounts is that correct?

Any leaders know?

Thanks!

Jer

MarkTwain

It does primarily refer to discounts, yes. I might have them mixed up, but Cast A designates a 20% discount and generally is given to hourly CMs, while Cast B allows a 35% discount and is given to salaried CMs (e.g. managers). There's also the "N" designation (no discount) given to some CMs working for Disney on a third party basis.

Jer1

Original Poster
Thank you! However, I have seen cast A's with a 35%. Which is why I was asking. Is it because after 3 years you get the 35? or are they supposed to go get a new ID after 3 years?

Journey_On

The cast B discount is given to any cast member who has been with the company at least 3 years (I believe). At that point I guess you would get a new ID to reflect the new merchandise discount.

Jer1

Original Poster
okay because I've been with the company for 3+ years now, but my cast A card gives me the 35 discount.... do I need to go get it changed? no one has said so

Journey_On

I would talk with your manager and have him or her send a memo to Access Control (over at Disney University). You can only get your ID changed if a memo is sent over there by your manager. Then you can get a new ID reflecting your B discount.

I only found this out when we had to change our IDs to the blue ones (this was right before when seasonal IDs were red, FT/PT was yellow, and salaried were blue).

Jer1

Original Poster
I don't need my ID changed. I'm already getting the 35 with my Cast A card. I guess I just wanted it explained. :)

EWB

I'm a CT and was encouraged by a fellow CM to get a B card after 3 years so that my ID reflected the correct discount. Apparently there could be an instance where your ID might not be swiped and the A on the card would not indicate your correct discount. I went to Access Control today and got a new card within a couple minutes. No email request from a manager was required.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom