Cast Member Advice

Jekyll

Original Poster
Hey I am a cast memember going to the parks for the first time as such and was wondering if there is any advice other cast members could give to people such as myself!

-J

Jekyll

Original Poster
I kind of need advice on where to go for discounts and what things are opened to me how to get to company D and that kind of thing!

-J

Wishingtree

Originally posted by Jekyll
I kind of need advice on where to go for discounts and what things are opened to me how to get to company D and that kind of thing!

-J

There are a bunch of company D stores. In the Team Disney Building(across from Pleasure Island), in MGM behind Anaheim Produce, and don't forget property control behind the Magic Kingdom. Ask a castmember for directions and business hours.

Only 8 Hours until I leave!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Jim

Coree

The Company D store in MGM is the only one I've been to and it's pretty small. It's still neat though! Property control was really cool, although there's lots of junk there to wade through to find the good stuff. One of the ways being a cast member has saved us the most money is on parking. When you go through the parking toll booths just show your ID and there's no charge. Even when we stay on property we drive so we don't have to wait for busses or anything. We hit all four parks and Downtown Disney on our last day two trips ago because we could drive ourselves around at no cost. Have a great time!

SnowWhite5669

I love being a cast member... We just got back from our 4th trip this year! Here are the awesome things about being a cast member:
1. Flash you id at the gate and walk right in!!! Talk about walking down the middle of mainstreet USA!!!
2. Discounts on most merchandise 20% (I've only been a cast member for 2 years)
3. Discounts on meals (sit down) tell them when they seat you that you are a cast member and they will deduct 20% from your bill and add 15% gratuity. There is no discount at counter service except in the food courts of the resorts.
4. Company D!!!! There is also one behind Mexico in Epcot. Ask someone about the hours because they are not open everyday.
5. 50% off hotels!!!! We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside Waterview for $93 a night and I was able to book at room for our friends for the same price!!
6. 50% off water parks
7. Monday and Thursday nights are cast member nights at Pleasure Island (YOU GET IN FOR FREE!!!) Every other night is 50% off (10.50)
8. 30% off Wolfgang Puck's Express in Downtown Disney
9. 10% off at Guitar Gallery in Downtown Disney
10. $4 movies at AMC in Downtown Disney
11. The list is endless!!!

Have a great time and if in doubt just ask a cast member about discounts!!

Jekyll

Original Poster
Thank you which company D would I go to for discount tickets to Mickeys Magic Christmas Party?

-J

Uk cast member

hey everyone,
i am a cast member at the disney store in the UK. Does any one know if we get the same discounts as US park cast, such as property control, eating backstage (did it in paris very cheap) parking. etc. thanks

Lhriangel

Originally posted by Jekyll
Thank you which company D would I go to for discount tickets to Mickeys Magic Christmas Party?

-J

They sometimes do but only for certain days and a limited number of tickets and you have to buy them in advance in person :).

I actually payed full price for mine.. but it was worth it :) :).

Jekyll

Original Poster
Originally posted by Angelique
They sometimes do but only for certain days and a limited number of tickets and you have to buy them in advance in person :).

I actually payed full price for mine.. but it was worth it :) :).

Oh I know...I am going early in Dec so I know the CM tickets will be avaliable. Could you just tell me which company D I should go to for that.

-J

Originally posted by Uk cast member
hey everyone,
i am a cast member at the disney store in the UK. Does any one know if we get the same discounts as US park cast, such as property control, eating backstage (did it in paris very cheap) parking. etc. thanks

While I don't know this for sure, I doubt it. As U.S. CMs in 1998, we got very few benefits at DL Paris. In talking to CMs while we were there, European CMs get a lot more at DL Paris than we did, but didn't get those benefits in the U.S. But I'd call 407-w-disney or ask your Manager to see if there's discount information in the Disney Store computer system for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things have changed!!!

mickeykid79

When i used to work at MGM, On my days off, I go to visit the park. I will go to TAKE FIVE CAFE, to buy soft drinks. They are cheaper than the $2 soda they sell in the park, just make sure you have ID. But MGM was easy to do that since the cafe was just behind Sunset Blvd.

Make friends at "E" rides, sometimes they can let you cut to the front of the line.

Last thing, Have fun, Disney sells itself, so you don't have to, which allows you to have fun and enjoy your time at work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom