Cash-Strapped Disney

Kman101

Sorry I am going to take half of what you say as truth and even then it is with a grain of salt. After how badly inaccurate you were over when the parks would re-open I have lost confidence in you as an insider especially when you say biased things like "the superior WDW version' when it comes to Splash Mountain. Oh by the way, Disney World's is not the superior version. Disneyland's still better.

It is superior. Even Disneylanders will tell you this lol. Biased much?

Mainahman

Thank you for filling in the blanks for us! Im not a huge chapek fan not going to lie, if a silver lining is we get someone like Jeff in that role that actually cares about the cast and the parks im cool with it. I'm sad about no JII as I'm a huge Disney fan, however the current version is better than no parks at all... We go next month. I'm curious what the crowd levels will be... I want to be able to get as much money back to them as I can ! I'm sure it's cost them a bunch to move all of us to other resorts too? @WDW Pro could we see them not open some of the resorts they have announced openings for to conserve more.money? I guess I picked an awful good time to finally be interested in DVC...

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Thank you for filling in the blanks for us! Im not a huge chapek fan not going to lie, if a silver lining is we get someone like Jeff in that role that actually cares about the cast and the parks im cool with it. I'm sad about no JII as I'm a huge Disney fan, however the current version is better than no parks at all... We go next month. I'm curious what the crowd levels will be... I want to be able to get as much money back to them as I can ! I'm sure it's cost them a bunch to move all of us to other resorts too? @WDW Pro could we see them not open some of the resorts they have announced openings for to conserve more.money? I guess I picked an awful good time to finally be interested in DVC...

Anything is possible due to COVID, but I have no reason to believe closing open resorts is more likely.

Touchdown

It is superior. Even Disneylanders will tell you this lol. Biased much?

The only thing DL has on WDW is the America Sings AA. WDW has a better capacity, is a longer ride, tells its story better, has more major drops, doesn’t get you soaked (limiting my laps on the DL version,) and lastly the bluegrass instrumental Zip a Dee Doo Dah arrangement played at the bottom of WDW’s drop is my favorite piece of BGM in any park.

Kman101

Oh, about the Splash thing. It did feel rushed. I kinda don't buy how one hand doesn't talk to the other about these things before an announcement but after I remember how badly things are run at times and how announcements get pulled and added all the time ... I shouldn't be shocked.

It does make sense to do it in Disneyland because it's basically attached to New Orleans Square. It would work a heck of a lot better thematically. However WDW's Splash is like an island unto itself and it's always been out of place, technically, in Frontierland. I guess "Critters" equals the Frontier.

My guess is WDW would need to re-theme parts or all of Frontierland. And they'd likely dock the Riverboat and do something on TSI. But they can't spend that kind of money now, or anytime soon so they're sort of stuck. I can see why/how Disneyland gets the overlay. Honestly, I wouldn't hate a Frontierland overhaul in WDW (ducks and hides). I mean, Frontierland has 'been on the table' for a while (Tomorrowland overruled it this time)

Mainahman

Anything is possible due to COVID, but I have no reason to believe closing open resorts is more likely.
I was thinking if you look at August for example they announced POP and Poly. Could they just cut that? Since they are already closed? I mean they have to move all the people from POP somewhere else but... We got lucky and got moved to a DVC resort, and I know they can't do that for all but makes you wonder.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
The only thing DL has on WDW is the America Sings AA. WDW has a better capacity, is a longer ride, tells its story better, has more major drops, doesn’t get you soaked (limiting my laps on the DL version,) and lastly the bluegrass instrumental Zip a Dee Doo Dah arrangement played at the bottom of WDW’s drop is my favorite piece of BGM in any park.

The banjo instrumental is perfect.

Mainahman

I’m curious if they’d do it if the ride was a complete success in the domestic parks.
The deeper issue, at least to me, is the ride is clearly an icon. ( Thank you Tony Baxter) Tony may be involved, but Disney doesn't have the cash or want to spend it at least to bring it to classic Splash Tony Baxter worthy level... That sounds to be horrifying this pack of imagineers...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom