News Casey’s Corner and Main Street Ice Cream Parlor to Reopen at Magic Kingdom

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
EDIT: This is now confirmed by the Disney Parks Blog. Casey’s Opens on June 30 and Plaza Ice Cream opens July 7. My sources tell me the delay on the ice cream parlor was due to freezer issues. I can’t confirm.

Original post below:
Now that the fireworks are coming back, people will want to eat while waiting for them. Casey’s Corner and the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor will be reopening at the Magic Kingdom. My sources say prep work has already begun and training will begin in the next week. Being that the CPs are coming back today, this timing works out perfectly for the locations to absolutely be open by July 1st, if not sooner. Although this hasn’t been confirmed yet by the company to my knowledge, I’m posting it as news because I’m 100% certain of it.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Now that the fireworks are coming back, people will want to eat while waiting for them. Casey’s Corner and the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor will be reopening at the Magic Kingdom. My sources say prep work has already begun and training will begin in the next week. Being that the CPs are coming back today, this timing works out perfectly for the locations to absolutely be open by July 1st, if not sooner. Although this hasn’t been confirmed yet by the company to my knowledge, I’m posting it as news because I’m 100% certain of it.
It’s not time for fireworks without Casey’s and the Ice Cream Parlor!

Robbiem

Unless you are in Disneyland Paris, where they close the ice cream shop well before the fireworks (that made no sense to me!).
Disneyland Paris has very weird policy for food locations. I’ve literally been in a restaurant (Pizzeria Bella Norte) when the manager put a chain and padlock on the door to stop people coming in and you had to ask the cast member to unlock it and let you out. If you want to stay late you have to eat early as it can be find food in the evening/night

MickeyCB

One of our small but most magical moments happened at Casey's several years ago.
We were attending a very crowded MNSSHP and we had just stood for a very long time getting squished and as I am short could barely see the parade and my husband who has bad knees said he just couldn't stand for the fireworks.
My daughter said I'm going to go find somewhere to sit and I laughed at her. She sent my son back to find us as somehow she scored the far left table and chairs facing the castle in front of Casey's and had icecream!
We had a corner with no humans invading our space, had time to get icecream and hotdogs and because the CM's kept the path cleared in front of us we sat, ate and watched the whole fireworks show. It was amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom