News Casey’s Corner and Main Street Ice Cream Parlor to Reopen at Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

I am ok with the taste, actually. Probably because it’s something that always reminds me that “I’m at MK”.

Anywho… Looks like Casey’s has simplified their menu a bit. Too bad a fountain soda that costs them $.15 is going for $4.50. That’s always annoyed me.
.15? I think it is way less than that. Soda Fountains are mostly profit, especially on the scale that WDW has.

Gillyanne

Ewww Magic Kingdom has the worst tasting water I’ve ever tasted. I’ve forced myself to drink it but now the thought of it makes me want to 🤮

I've taken to carrying around those soft sided Brita filter bottles. Actually am about to buy a few more in the "kids" size so they take less room in the backpack/purse.

Father Robinson

Possible, but I've literally followed that smell right into the shop and unless my memory is failing they were making the waffle cone things right there behind the counter.
It is. If you stand just outside the door and look up you'll see a vent. If you position yourself just right you can even feel the air and the smell will be incredible. They do that a lot. Resort lobbies, certain attractions. Yes it's fake, but I pray they never stop doing it. It adds so much to the experience.

Father Robinson

The title of this thread is "Casey's Corner and Main St Ice Cream Parlor to reopen at Magic Kingdom". Did I miss where it said when they were opening?

Disney Analyst

Ewww Magic Kingdom has the worst tasting water I’ve ever tasted. I’ve forced myself to drink it but now the thought of it makes me want to 🤮

Okay so, I came over from Canada in 2013 and did the summer ICP, worked at MK. Imagine this Canadian trying Florida water for the first time… it was a shock.

Magic Kingdom of course being the worst, the newer parks didn’t seem to have the same water taste issues.

What I can confirm, one of my work locations was Gaston’s Tavern, and I can confirm the water there was 🔥🔥🔥! I think because it was brand new?

So if you ever want a not nasty ice water, go to Gaston’s.

Father Robinson

They should probably change the thread title to "Casey's Corner and Main St Ice Cream Parlor reopening status" or something to that effect. We all know they'll be reopening someday, but the title now is a bit confusing. Makes it seem like somewhere in here is info on when.

lightguy

Okay so, I came over from Canada in 2013 and did the summer ICP, worked at MK. Imagine this Canadian trying Florida water for the first time… it was a shock.

Magic Kingdom of course being the worst, the newer parks didn’t seem to have the same water taste issues.

What I can confirm, one of my work locations was Gaston’s Tavern, and I can confirm the water there was 🔥🔥🔥! I think because it was brand new?

So if you ever want a not nasty ice water, go to Gaston’s.
I've always thought that the water (and as a result the soda) tasted strange in FL- not just at Disney, but everywhere. But the last trip (January 2021) I only noticed it a few times. I assumed they must be adding some kind of filters to the water/ice/soda systems.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I've always thought that the water (and as a result the soda) tasted strange in FL- not just at Disney, but everywhere. But the last trip (January 2021) I only noticed it a few times. I assumed they must be adding some kind of filters to the water/ice/soda systems.
They've been treating local Orlando water with ozone since about 2014... it reduces (if not eliminates) the hydrogen sulfide smell in the water.

FigmentFan82

Casey's is my super-nostalgia spot! It's been many moons lost now, but one of my favorite souvenirs from a 90s trip was a plastic baseball shaped sipper mug from Casey's. It made me so happy

FigmentFan82

DCBaker

Premium Member

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
They should probably change the thread title to "Casey's Corner and Main St Ice Cream Parlor reopening status" or something to that effect. We all know they'll be reopening someday, but the title now is a bit confusing. Makes it seem like somewhere in here is info on when.
Or you could have just read the post where I said by July 1st. Sorry the Ice Cream Parlor had a delay due to freezer issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom