Carsland confirmed by Iger.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I read on Screamscape.com that Bob Iger at a convention basically confirmed Carland, or Carsland as it is spelled there, and it will be a major anchor in the park in "the near future." :D

It sounds great that it is coming in the near future. So maybe it's not that far off after all, as we previously believed.

JLW11Hi

Kind of a lame name...Carsland? Why not Radiator Springs? Spelled that way, it looks like someone's last name, and like you could easily mispronounce it as car-sland.

Still, the idea sounds pretty good!

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I think it will have a Test Track like ride, if all goes according to plan.

But from what I understand, it won't be a Test Track clone, specifically because it will feature dual racing tracks.

Kuhio

I love Cars, and I'm mildly fond of Test Track -- more for the technology than for the overall "story" of the attraction, which I find mundane.

I'm definitely looking forward to whatever attraction ends up in "Carsland" -- but I wonder what the layout will be like. How big is the Timon lot, and what is its shape? I would think that any Test Track-like attraction -- or, in fact, any attraction that deals with cars/movement/speed -- would need long stretches of unimpeded space where the vehicles can accelerate and/or race.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I love Cars, and I'm mildly fond of Test Track -- more for the technology than for the overall "story" of the attraction, which I find mundane.

I'm definitely looking forward to whatever attraction ends up in "Carsland" -- but I wonder what the layout will be like. How big is the Timon lot, and what is its shape? I would think that any Test Track-like attraction -- or, in fact, any attraction that deals with cars/movement/speed -- would need long stretches of unimpeded space where the vehicles can accelerate and/or race.

They could find ways of condensing the Test Track-like Car ride.

From what I read, it seems like the Timon Parking lot is fairly large.

Rumors say it may become the sight for not only Carsland, but also a new Disneyland hotel, and possibly some other things.

Kuhio

Cool... thanks for posting these. I love aerial views.

It looks like there's quite a lot of space in the Timon lot -- the entire length of California Screamin' could easily fit in there.

Donald25

Carsland is part of an expansion/refurb project to get more people into DCA.

As of January '08 the park will go through major construction processes to update DCA.

A new show on the lagoon is planned as well as a redesign of the entrance plaza.

For those of you who like the Maliboomer... better go on it quick because its going to be taken out of the park completely.......

http://miceage.com/allutz/al100907a.htm

Chape19714

Please remember that Al Lutz was the same person who told us that the Year of a Million Dreams was being cancelled 2 months ago.

Take all rumors with a grain of salt until confirmed by Disney.

Rufus T Firefly

Please remember that Al Lutz was the same person who told us that the Year of a Million Dreams was being cancelled 2 months ago.

All too true. But, to give the Devil his due, Al Lutz was also the one to break the news about Pirate's Lair on TSI. He was right on the money there.

Chape19714

Well, that may be, but I still don't trust rumors further than I can throw them. And considering my size, and the fact I never played sports, that's about 2.3 feet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom