Carsland confirmed by Iger.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
All too true. But, to give the Devil his due, Al Lutz was also the one to break the news about Pirate's Lair on TSI. He was right on the money there.

While he reported about the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island, he was actually very off on what would attractions would actually go on the island.

But as for Carsland, it has been officially been confirmed by Bob Iger, and there was concept art of it in the Disney 2006 Annual Report.

Rufus T Firefly

While he reported about the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island, he was actually very off on what would attractions would actually go on the island.

Didn't he also break the news about Toy Story/Midway Mania? It would seem Al has access to fairly reliable inside info.

He just needs to learn to use his powers for the purpose of good rather than evil. :goodnevil

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Here's a new concept art of the Radiator Springs Racer attraction. :)

db_2007_10_DCA_CarsLand_6001.jpg

Also, it was revealed there will be two more family oriented attractions in "Cars Land," one featuring Mater and the other featuring Luigi.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Now there is word on the other two attractions going into Cars Land.

One will feature a giant talking Mater as you get whipped around on this spinning ride.

The other will feature's a Luigi's tire theme, where you ride around on bumper car-like hub caps.

The awesome part about this ride is the hub caps will be using the UFO hovering technology from the old Disneyland attraction! Only this time, computers will easily monitor the pneumatics to constantly adjust the air pressure for the ride and keep it less susceptible to break downs. :sohappy: :D

Donald25

Now there is word on the other two attractions going into Cars Land.

One will feature a giant talking Mater as you get whipped around on this spinning ride.

The other will feature's a Luigi's tire theme, where you ride around on bumper car-like hub caps.

The awesome part about this ride is the hub caps will be using the UFO hovering technology from the old Disneyland attraction! Only this time, computers will easily monitor the pneumatics to constantly adjust the air pressure for the ride and keep it less susceptible to break downs. :sohappy: :D

I CAN'T WAIT!

Kuhio

The Radiator Springs Racer concept sounds fun, and I'm sure I'd enjoy it...

But if you think about it, the cars in the Cars universe are sentient beings that just happen to look exactly like driving machines in our world. As far as we know, they're not "hollow" inside where we would expect the seats to be in the cars we drive -- because they're not made to be operated by external organisms. (And there's no suggestion in the movie that anything like a human even exists in that world.)

So, if you're sitting inside a "Cars universe" car in this attraction... you'd actually be doing something like sitting inside the hollowed-out cranial cavity of a living vehicle! Huh...

Rufus T Firefly

So, if you're sitting inside a "Cars universe" car in this attraction... you'd actually be doing something like sitting inside the hollowed-out cranial cavity of a living vehicle! Huh...

What are you sitting in when you ride Dumbo or Triceratops Spin? :shrug:

TP2000

I think you might be over-analyzing this just a bit. :D

michael92

no, the concept art cars that I have seen you will be sitting on look awesome and arent from the movie, the AAs will be, though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom