News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The way they described the second cars attraction makes me think Tomorrowland Speedway isn't long for this world. There is also Twitter talk/speculation of Laugh Floor moving to DHS which would then leave a lot of holes in Tomorrowland. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
The description for the second attraction was pretty loose and free. Could just as easily be relocating LMRA. Did he specifically mention it being a "ride"?

solidyne

I will accept this if they take this golden opportunity to route the railroad through the mountain and give us a Grand Canyon/Primeval World like Disneyland and give us back our Dinosaurs from Universe of Energy.
Keep the river, and we can have boats, cars, and trains all interacting, criss-crossing through tunnels and over bridges.

That is Walt-ish, but that is expensive (and creative) and, so, will not happen.

Rteetz

The description for the second attraction was pretty loose and free. Could just as easily be relocating LMRA. Did he specifically mention it being a "ride"?
This is the Parks Blog quote: "But what about smaller racers? The second attraction will be geared towards them and will be fun for the whole family."

celluloid

It’s not a claim of mutual exclusivity.

It’s the immediate reach for the next possible complaint without a moment’s breath to appreciate or imagine the good.

There has been too much time to imagine the good.

MK and AK have only gotten one E ticket build per decade.(and in some cases more)

They are already behind.
Recent shoehorns have been just that and meh. The concern is justified.

Mike S

Keep the river, and we can have boats, cars, and trains all interacting, criss-crossing through tunnels and over bridges.

That is Walt-ish, but that is expensive (and creative) and, so, will not happen.
By “this” I meant just the idea of Cars in Frontierland but I LOVE your idea.

It would be like our own version of Disneyland’s Tomorrowland with the Monorail, Subs, and Autopoia.

bwr827

Basically, too many among current management are under 40. It's not just that they don't have the sentimental attachment to "Old Disney." It's that their phone-fried brains can't even comprehend the slow and gentle, things like [EDIT: admittedly, semi-fake] natural beauty and connections (however superficial) to history.
Yeah, there’s nothing slow like Navi or Moana anymore.

Clamman73

Fill the northern part of it, but make a bit of a new connection of riverboat track. That way you keep the boat, the way to take it out to 7 Seas, then that's the area needed for this Cars ride.
IMG_0115.jpeg

disney fan 13

While I think going beyond the train tracks for these expansions makes the most sense in the long run, my doubts are increasing that it will happen. I have a feeling the best case scenario is we keep the main island of TSI, maybe adding a bridge across and parking the riverboat, while losing the fort and the northern part of the river.

This would keep the ambience of walking around Frontierland and Liberty Square, at the very least.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
It also doesn't have concept art yet so it could still be in development for what exactly it will be. I just found the way they described it left the door open for speedway to go away.

It's funny to think Disney might be playing musical chairs with its attractions. Usually that kind of thinking is reserved for Armchair Imagineers. But I do like the idea of relocating Monster's Laugh Floor and possibly Speedway for a Cars attraction.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Why they are advertising as an expansion of Frontierland is baffling. They are doing 2 attractions, it is basically a Cars Land. The Villains Land has two attractions as well
Either just do one Cars attraction and a 2nd attraction from a different IP that can be tied in better or just label it as a new Cars Land to Magic Kingdom.

You probably wouldn't like the second attraction rumored idea. I don't think they want to acknowledge it a new Cars Land because anybody that sees Cars Land would want to see Cars Land. It's kind of missed opportunity because Magic Kingdom doesn't have any beautiful lit up ambiences in back areas that a Cars Land or Arrendale would bring.

celluloid

I do think it funny that Disney might play musical chairs with it's attractions. Usually that kind of thinking is reserved for Armchair Imagineers. But I do like the idea of relocating Monster's Laugh Floor and possibly Speedway for a Cars attraction.

To be fully blunt, so was Villians Land of this sort and a Monsters inc door coaster.

Back to 2004-2006 era.

I remember people on this site and others dreaming that is what they wanted to go into Who Wants to be a Millionar Play It's building and it would have actually have made a tidbit of sense then when the area became Pixar Place and inspired by Pixar Studios' look.

They are not really showing much beyond knee jerk plans.

Sir_Cliff

The good news is it looks like they'll still incorporate that ambiance, only it'll be man-made. I'm not too worried about cartoon cars... like RSR, the bulk of the cartoon stylization will likely take place out of view either being indoors or obscured from the Big Thunder RR vantage point.
I mean, the artwork shows mountains formed into the shape of car parts. That's quite an addition to the skyline of Frontierland.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Cars Land at WDW should've focused more thematically on the east coast places that we saw in Cars 3 to pay homage to the southeast being the birthplace of NASCAR and the Daytona 500. Just make a completely new land, separate from Frontierland.

That would of worked for Test Track if Disney owned it and not Chevrolet or GM. This Florida concept would easily be fit at DHS.

celluloid

Exactly. I mean it's cool in that it almost comes off as fan service but I still have to question some of it.

Even the arguable largest budget thing coming that was already planned...for their biggest owned franchise set now...

is the take on the thing Univerasl has been tops in the industry for nearly three decades now. It is not even subtle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom