News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Nickm2022

Do we know if Car's is a new ride system by any chance?

I'd also like to say I agree and am upset that Car's is replacing ROA but it's clear Disney is dead set on this. What they are not dead set on is the location of Monsters at Hollywood Studios and think if we are going to campaign about keeping something safe, then let's campaign for Muppets to stay given that it's something Disney is still debating instead of campaigning for something they have already decided.

Nickm2022

We don’t know that villains won’t remove / replace attractions.

Villians doesn’t require filling in the entire river.
I don't disagree but I do wonder if they shorten River's the amount they would need too to build Villains, then what's the point of keeping it. The Riverboat would be only 3-4 minutes. There's already no canoes. And the island would be smaller and be more dead than it already is. I'm not saying I want River's to go away but am saying I get if we're losing a majority of it why bother keeping a small reminder of what once was.

JSouth25

I've always wondered if there was a limit to the availability of employees to staff whole new expansion lands, etc. Perhaps Disney has experienced staff shortages and hiring slowdowns and knows that they don't have an unlimited supply of cast members, thus they opt for shifting them around (i.e., replacing attractions).

People always mention a fifth gate, but there's only so many people that can afford to live in the Orlando area while working on a Disney salary.
This is a good point. Disneyland cast members had to recently organize and threaten to strike in order to get pay increases (which they luckily succeeded) because of how crazy the cost of living in California is.

Disney Analyst

All lands having outdoor things impacted does not mean majority of the park. Your claim of majority of park will close was false.

We can do the same thing to other parks, becuase every major theme park has outdoor attractions. There is a balance.

The majority of the rides in the park will indeed close. I stand by that statement.

Rides that would remain open:

Ministry of Magic
Mario Kart
Monsters Dark Ride
Carousel

Rides that will close:

Starfall Racer
Curse of the Werewolf
Dragon Racer’s Rally
Fyre Drill
Hiccup’s Wing Gliders

Mine Cart Madness
Yoshi’s Adventure

Some of these lands (Mario and Dragons) will be down to one or no rides open at times.

Again speaking strictly of rides. The dragon and Harry Potter show will obviously also remain open.

I’m not saying other parks don’t have similar issues, but Epic will certainly be challenging in the summer. Obviously these new cars rides would fair similarly in the summer.

celluloid

The majority of the rides in the park will indeed close. I stand by that statement.
You can stand by that statement. But that would be a new statement.

You said "majority of the park" not majority of rides.

The rides and attractions indoors not closing are larger in number than what would close for severe weather.

Animal Kingdom has a lot close as well with the severe weather.

Frontierland and Tomorrowland are examples where nearly half of the ride offerings close with bad weather. Cars will not help as you pointed this out.

Disney Analyst

You can stand by that statement. But that would be a new statement.

You said "majority of the park" not majority of rides.

The rides and attractions indoors not closing are larger in number than what would close for severe weather.

Frontierland and Tomorrowland are examples where half of the ride offerings close with bad weather. Cars will not help this.

I apologize for causing confusion.

I didn’t mean the physical park will shut down… but the majority of offerings (rides) that people would be there to do… would.

celluloid

I apologize for causing confusion.

I didn’t mean the physical park will shut down… but the majority of offerings (rides) that people would be there to do… would.

Nope. Still not the majority of offerings.

You had it right with majority of rides during lightning weather calls. That happens now with IOA, which is actually worse now that Poseidon and some smaller venues are gone.

And it is all temporary, and nothing new for major theme parks in Florida. Frontierland leaves you with CBJ when it is in severe weather. And that is in MK, which is the best for severe weather options. DHS has few attractions in general.

Sneaky

Nope. Still not the majority of offerings.

You had it right with majority of rides during lightning weather calls. That happens now with IOA, which is actually worse now that Poseidon and some smaller venues are gone.

And it is all temporary, and nothing new for major theme parks in Florida. Frontierland leaves you with CBJ when it is in severe weather. And that is in MK, which is the best for severe weather options. DHS has few attractions in general.
Honestly the best rain spot is the land at Epcot. A sit down restaurant, a quick service soarin, the land boat ride, awesome planet. You could spent a lot of time in there if you had to for rain

tissandtully

Rides that would remain open:

Ministry of Magic
Mario Kart
Monsters Dark Ride
Carousel

Rides that will close:

Starfall Racer
Curse of the Werewolf
Dragon Racer’s Rally
Fyre Drill
Hiccup’s Wing Gliders

Mine Cart Madness
Yoshi’s Adventure

Some of these lands (Mario and Dragons) will be down to one or no rides open at times.

Again speaking strictly of rides. The dragon and Harry Potter show will obviously also remain open.

I’m not saying other parks don’t have similar issues, but Epic will certainly be challenging in the summer. Obviously these new cars rides would fair similarly in the summer.
IOA already has this problem big time

celluloid

Honestly the best rain spot is the land at Epcot. A sit down restaurant, a quick service soarin, the land boat ride, awesome planet. You could spent a lot of time in there if you had to for rain

This is because The Land, is the only thing left that is an actual Pavilion. All others abandoned it.

Two Ears

what is epic universe doing so radically different that’s not currently found in island of adventure ?

Coasters? - check

More Harry Potter ? - check

Height requirements galore ? - check

The only thing that raises my interest about epic is the horror themed universe and Nintendo land.

But undeniably dark universe will probably be designed for more older teens, and Nintendo land will probably take a phase 2 expansion to really get the ball rolling. The mario kart ride they have out now is okay, and I’m sure the donkey Kong ride will be fun.

But they really should remember that Nintendo is an ip that caters to kids as young as 3. They should have really considered making that section of the park more accessible with more attractions that contain no height requirements. A few dark rides/boat ride would have been amazing for Nintendo land.

Again, I’m very much in the boat that universals has something major on their hands with being able to use the Nintendo ip. It’s an ip that’s bigger than Harry Potter and is a huge threat to Disney if universal steers the right direction with the ip.

Also, I heard that universal has rights to use Pokémon now as well. Again, absolutely massive.

I think if Disney has anything to worry about is less to do with epic as a whole and more to do with universal ability to use Harry Potter, Nintendo and Pokémon all in the same theme park. That alone are 3 ips that are collectively worth hundreds of billions in value.
You want even lower height restrictions for nintendo world? They are already incredibly low on two rides. No one should market any theme park to a 3 year old anyway. A 3 year old wont remember anything, doesnt fully appreciate what they are experiencing and really hates queueing and the long days. They are often miserable at theme parks and end up having more fun at the pool back at their hotel. Theme parks really should be marketed at 5 year olds and over. Sure provide some rides and experiences for under 5s (which EPIC is doing) but its the 5 and over crowd who parks should be focusing on. And nintendo world is aimed perfectly at 5 years olds with two of its three rides. The only worry with nintendo world is the donkey kong ride height restriction may be too low limiting the rides thrill factor for some. And this nintendo world is already starting with phase 2 expansion.

And the reason this looks different is the quality and immersion looks through the roof. The 4 worlds are all looking as immersive as Star wars Galaxy, but with much better rides. It remains to be seen if this is true or not. But the info we have so far seems to suggest it will be.

disneyworld responding with 1 equivalent themed new land (villians) 5 years later is not enough of a response from disney. Tropical americas sounds ok but it doesnt look like their rides will be high enough quality with one just a reimagine of an existing ride. But i may be wrong here. Cars land whilst a good addition doesnt look to be the same level either.

Last edited:

SamusAranX

The AI's proposal is even more of an "IP for the sake of IP" attraction, it's just "ride in a wagon with cartoon eyes while Lightning McQueen is there", it's like they took a western ride and slapped Lightning in it. Heck, it just sounds like exactly what we're getting but you're riding in a wagon instead of a car. AI is just taking random ideas and mashing them together, anyway. It's the antithesis of creativity.

You can claim Imagineering is "creatively bankrupt" but the reality is that Imagineering isn't in charge of what goes into the parks anymore. It's up to corporate to decide what gets added based on what they think will drive ticket, merch, and food sales. Imagineering gets told "do this for us" and they try the best they can to make it work. Iger gives them lemons, and they try their best to make lemonade.
I agree to a certain extent, but I’m just showing how, with a bit more creativity, that Imagineering can preserve a bit more of a classic Disney land’s character even though they’re under a mandate to use Cars. It doesn’t have to be a modern day frontier, which strips the soul out of Frontierland

Quietmouse

You want even lower height restrictions for nintendo world? They are already incredibly low on two rides. No one should market any theme park to a 3 year old anyway. A 3 year old wont remember anything, doesnt fully appreciate what they experiencing and really hates queueing and the long days. They are often miserable at theme parks and end up having more fun at the pool back at their hotel. Theme parks really should be marketed at 5 year olds and over. Sure provide some rides and experiences for under 5s (which EPIC is doing) but its the 5 and over crowd who parks should be focusing on. And nintendo world is aimed perfectly at 5 years olds with two of its three rides. The only worry with nintendo world is the donkey kong ride height restriction may be too low limiting the rides thrill factor for some. And this nintendo world is already starting with phase 2 expansion.

And the reason this looks different is the quality and immersion looks through the roof. The 4 worlds are all looking as immersive as Star wars Galaxy, but with much better rides. It remains to be seen if this is true or not. But the info we have so far seems to suggest it will be.

disneyworld responding with 1 equivalent themed new land (villians) 5 years later is not enough of a response from disney. Tropical americas sounds ok but it doesnt look like their rides will be high enough quality with one just a reimagine of an existing ride. But i may be wrong here. Cars land whilst a good addition doesnt look to be the same level either.

I’m just saying the fact of the matter is, you can look at the stroller parking as an example of this, is Disney is a huge destination for parents with young children. It’s one of the most accessible collection of theme parks. You can easily take a 2 - 3 year old to Disney world and still manage to have a great time.

Universal clearly caters to a different age range and target demographic. Which is completely okay. That way my point - people look at it as epic vs Disney. The reality is that these 2 major players are like Walmart and target. They are both successful by catering to their target audience.

Disstevefan1

I’m just saying the fact of the matter is, you can look at the stroller parking as an example of this, is Disney is a huge destination for parents with young children. It’s one of the most accessible collection of theme parks. You can easily take a 2 - 3 year old to Disney world and still manage to have a great time.

Universal clearly caters to a different age range and target demographic. Which is completely okay. That way my point - people look at it as epic vs Disney. The reality is that these 2 major players are like Walmart and target. They are both successful by catering to their target audience.
The kids loved Tom Sawyer island.
Now for them, all there will be is a silly flat ride in the cars mini land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom