News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Wall-e

They

They don't do this anymore.
They do the Riviera and Polynesian DVC.
That's the problem.
Maybe but at least in the case of the Poly Tower the concept art looks to be in line with the finished product. The point I’d like to make is that if WDI is given the resources to see this concept to it’s full conclusion then what we could be left with is an entire land/area that matches the atmosphere of WL. IF that happens this would absolutely deliver on atmosphere, kinetic energy and ambience.

erasure fan1

By your reasoning, they shouldn't do any Princess stuff because the target demo for that is 4-7 year old girls.
I'm not sure where you get that from. First off, the princess are far more relevant to a large range of girls. And they're also an iconic part of Disney in general. But if you read what I said, cars could absolutely become a classic ride. It's going to end up how great of a ride it turns out to be. Splash wasn't a great ride because of it's source material. I didn't say they shouldn't do a Cars ride. Is there better ips to put in the magic kingdom? Yea, I'd say so.

Yellow Strap

Yes, they absolutely do.

You completely missed the point - go back and re-read my comment. GMR, Maelstrom, and Splash don't make any sense as comparisons because it has nothing to do with attractions. It has to do with architecture and design.

They cannot leave Liberty Square and Frontierland as-is now. That may already be in the works, but those areas have to be fundamentally redesigned once this change happens since they are eliminating the waterfront.
Outside of the bubble...they don't sorry. Its a hard reality, but true.

Incomudro

Maybe but at least in the case of the Poly Tower the concept art looks to be in line with the finished product. The point I’d like to make is that if WDI is given the resources to see this concept to it’s full conclusion then what we could be left with is an entire land/area that matches the atmosphere of WL. IF that happens this would absolutely deliver on atmosphere, kinetic energy and ambience.
Well, why shouldn't a cut rate barely themed tower look like the concept art?
Yeah, they can deliver on that.
Think they'd ever build a Yacht/Beachclub, Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Lodge again?

UNCgolf

Outside of the bubble...they don't sorry. Its a hard reality, but true.

But they do. There's plenty of evidence to back that up.

You're looking at this as a Disney World fan thing, but that's not the point at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with Disney World specifically; it applies to all designed space. This instance of it just happens to be at Disney World.

lentesta

Premium Member
Len,
Do you think the ability to use land already set for the park and not have to spend more to get unused ready for expansion was a major factor?

Could that money saved have helped us get Monstropolis greenlit now and/or Tropical Americas built faster on a 2 1/2 timeline?

Hypothetically, I can imagine that ... stockholders ... are asking ... publicly and privately ... why the parks attractions pipeline was allowed to go empty. Hypothetically. Because tf do I know?

So if you're an exec, that starts a ticking clock that you need to address.

The Chatbox Ghost

You say that, but you're actually wrong -- most people do care about it even if they don't consciously realize it because it's an integral part of the design of a large part of the park.

When the waterfront is gone from LS/FL, people are going to dislike it. They may not even be able to place a finger on why, but they're going to think the area feels wrong now, and it's because that whole section of the park was designed to have a waterfront.

That doesn't mean Tom Sawyer Island itself needs to stay (I don't think it does) but eliminating the waterfront entirely is going to really screw up that section of the park and people are absolutely going to notice it, even if it's solely a subconscious feeling, and it's going to negatively affect their experience.

It's similar to if they filled in the World Showcase Lagoon and put a bunch of buildings there. It would really mess up the World Showcase, because the whole loop is designed with a waterfront in mind.
1723561400594.png

People really underestimate how important the water is to the overall feel of the area. The areas I dashed with yellow are expendable- nice to have, but not needed. The green loop is what is really important- you could even cut it in half if you wanted to (the half marked with stars is what I feel needs to stay at the very least). The water makes the area feel larger, it keeps the air cooler, it creates scenic and beautiful views that immerse you in the area, it adds kinetic energy- we don't need Tom Sawyer Island, but we NEED the rivers. Parks need water features. The pitiful moats around Cinderella Castle won't cut it.

Gusey

May be controversial to say on here, but I've asked a few family members about this and we all agree that we just find MK's RoA and TSI boring. It's something we avoid on trips because there isn't much to do, and it's too hot enjoy. There isn't much to actually look at along the river compared to Disneyland's and DLP's, and the Island is mainly just caves. There just isn't enough there to justify keeping it open beyond nostalgia and that was how MK was first built. We've seen from how the various Rivers of Americas equivalent and later Castle Parks have been created to allow major E-tickets to take place on their Rivers: DLP has Big Thunder Mountain in the middle of it, designed from scratch with the idea of having an E-Ticket in the middle. Hong Kong's River in Adventureland contains the Jungle Cruise surrounding their Tarzan's Treehouse. Eventually, they were always going to replace Tom Sawyer Island, and they need to close the Rivers to get guests to the attraction in the middle of the island.

Gusey

View attachment 809039
People really underestimate how important the water is to the overall feel of the area. The areas I dashed with yellow are expendable- nice to have, but not needed. The green loop is what is really important- you could even cut it in half if you wanted to (the half marked with stars is what I feel needs to stay at the very least). The water makes the area feel larger, it keeps the air cooler, it creates scenic and beautiful views that immerse you in the area, it adds kinetic energy- we don't need Tom Sawyer Island, but we NEED the rivers. Parks need water features. The pitiful moats around Cinderella Castle won't cut it.
From the concept art, there is still water in those sections, you can see guests crossing a bridge over water to get to the Cars attractions. Hopefully, there will be a steady stream between the Frontierland town and the Cars Mountains
1723561668486.png

Yellow Strap

Hypothetically, I can imagine that ... stockholders ... are asking ... publicly and privately ... why the parks attractions pipeline was allowed to go empty. Hypothetically. Because tf do I know?

So if you're an exec, that starts a ticking clock that you need to address.
So...hypothetically...Get more stuff built now and do what you need to do to address that

Epcot82Guy

I guess I am not seeing how this can be anything significant attraction-wise. This doesn't look like an E-ticket at all. There just isn't space. This area is not all that I much larger than Space Mountain. Jungle Cruise, Kali, even the Hub are all notably larger. And, they need to add walkways, significant rockwork, queue and a second attraction all in that space.

Obviously there are creative ways, but I'm thinking 7dMT is about the size and scale we are talking here. I guess that RSR/CarsLand does not make to me.

DisneyRoxMySox

View attachment 809039
I’m willing to bet that 99% of the people on these boards upset would be just fine with this design. I know I would be.

Kamikaze

I'm not sure where you get that from. First off, the princess are far more relevant to a large range of girls. And they're also an iconic part of Disney in general. But if you read what I said, cars could absolutely become a classic ride. It's going to end up how great of a ride it turns out to be. Splash wasn't a great ride because of it's source material. I didn't say they shouldn't do a Cars ride. Is there better ips to put in the magic kingdom? Yea, I'd say so.
You said the IP is only popular with 4-7 year old boys. Thats the same(ish) demo they target Princesses to, but I don't think you'd ever make the argument that they shouldn't do any Princess stuff.

But like you said, its not the IP thats the problem, its the placement.

Bluehill

They just need to keep the first river circle of RoA, loosing RoA is such a huge loss to theming and the theming of this entire area!

What if they push cars and villains up further. Then the river will circle the island, or even remove the island for fountains.

Also just merge the yellow and purple shown in the pic and have that as villains and move cars to Hollywood, for a wider Pixar area with Toy Story and Monsters.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 27

MerlinTheGoat

@wdwmagic can we split this thread into a TSI/ROA thread and a Cars ride thread?
No, don't do this. Splitting the thread up will lead to the same sort of echo chamber that Tiana was allowed to have when it was split into two threads. And discourage the extremely well warranted criticism.

Last edited:

Lou Filerman

You say that, but you're actually wrong -- most people do care about it even if they don't consciously realize it because it's an integral part of the design of a large part of the park.

When the waterfront is gone from LS/FL, people are going to dislike it. They may not even be able to place a finger on why, but they're going to think the area feels wrong now, and it's because that whole section of the park was designed to have a waterfront.

That doesn't mean Tom Sawyer Island itself needs to stay (I don't think it does) but eliminating the waterfront entirely is going to really screw up that section of the park and people are absolutely going to notice it, even if it's solely a subconscious feeling, and it's going to negatively affect their experience.

It's similar to if they filled in the World Showcase Lagoon and put a bunch of buildings there. It would really mess up the World Showcase, because the whole loop is designed with a waterfront in mind.
You have zero knowledge of what any other person will think of this new area. Zero. You are basing that off your own feelings. You speak for no one but yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom