News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

Some big brain takes in here from people who have never built a theme park.
Have you?
I'm just saying people seem to think this will help MKs capacity issues. And I don't see it helping as much as some people seem to think.
Short term it’s going to be terrible for MK - we thought Epcot construction walls were bad!!

MK, DHS and DAK are going to be pretty bad show for the next few years.

doctornick

Out of all the times I've been to the park I went on the boat once and didn't find anything special about it. Rarely ever saw many people using Tom Sawyer Island too. They need more rides that take up a decent amount of people and the cars ride helps there. I love the cars franchise though.

So? I keep on seeing these kinds of comments, but htey make no sense.

The choice wasn't "put in Cars" vs "keep RoA/TSI". The choice is "Remove RoA/TSI to put in Cars" vs "Put in Cars and keep RoA/TSI". We can debate the finer points of Cars in MK, but they didn't have to put it in that particular location.

Why not retain the RoA and keep that ambiance and have all the benefit of the Cars addition? Who exactly is losing in that situation?

tissandtully

Is there anyone working for the Walt Disney Company right now that has ever built a theme park?
This guy
office space stapler GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

billy023

Exactly how I feel. This could be great but I don't know if I trust them. Maybe if they have the fantasy springs team on this.
Unfortunately, the US usually seems to get either piecemeal approaches or "fragmented wholes" because its vision and financing are different than Tokyo. The US seems to be contending with internal politics between numbers people and artists. The US also has different financial structures and (my guess is) a more assertive stock market to answer to. It’s the confluence of those two factors that I believe enable Tokyo to be more Disney than USA. Why the Fantasy Springs team couldn’t translate its strengths into Frontierland.

KDM31091

So? I keep on seeing these kinds of comments, but htey make no sense.

The choice wasn't "put in Cars" vs "keep RoA/TSI". The choice is "Remove RoA/TSI to put in Cars" vs "Put in Cars and keep RoA/TSI". We can debate the finer points of Cars in MK, but they didn't have to put it in that particular location.

Why not retain the RoA and keep that ambiance and have all the benefit of the Cars addition? Who exactly is losing in that situation?
Exactly. It seems with WDW there is never just a net positive add, Tron being a rare exception. Usually it's a painful closure and replacement, despite having many unused acres of land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom