News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

SteamboatJoe

I get the appeal of nostalgia, but one could argue that nostalgia handcuffs you into the past while denying you the opportunity to embrace change.
It's a delicate balance for sure. The current trend just seems to skew heavily towards change. For decades a core part of the company's advertising was almost the opposite - bring your kids and grandkids to experience the rides and attractions you loved as a kid and enjoy some of our new additions as well. There was a certain romantic charm and comforting familiarity to it.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

with a guest path? The same way they did in DL?

The most "complicated" thing is that they need a bridge over the canal which is something they have in Epcot which opens nightly. And a bridge in MK would only need to open once in a blue moon and never during operating hours.
Yes. Obviously. But if you actually look at the layout, there's no 'path' that can be built with the current configuration of the area. You'd have to move either HM queue or the River, as theres no way to build a path on the other side. This was the major issue with the Beyond Thunder concept in the first place.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
all i make out of these permits is there is a massive amount of land being graded and ready for expansion behind big thunder. Perhaps something way out of left field is coming and they are moving all the backstage stuff behind Tianas/potc and gonna make room for a land and pathway around tianas

Nope, the cleared land if for construction staging.

AdventureHasAName

Yes. Obviously. But if you actually look at the layout, there's no 'path' that can be built with the current configuration of the area. You'd have to move either HM queue or the River, as theres no way to build a path on the other side. This was the major issue with the Beyond Thunder concept in the first place.
Moving the HM queue is no big deal.

Winter

- Harmonious
- Demolishing Communicore SW only to go “oh crap” and rebuild it into what can only be described as an airport cafeteria for character meets.
- Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser falling flat on its face
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure being a buggy mess
- Giant abandoned waterfront theater at DAK because Rivers of Light never worked.
- KiteTales
Fair enough, I was just thinking of rides.

I assume tiana's issues will get resolved eventually, though it shouldn't have had so many technological issues to begin with

BrianLo

Was he that specific about it? My memory of it is that he moved on very quickly from the artwork (which is apparently still an early concept) to talking about "all the projects we have planned..." and "preparations are underway."

I'll be honest, though, I'm even a little sceptical about the Coco boat ride if construction isn't even scheduled to begin until 2026. A lot can happen in a year and a half.

The presser for this mentions the villains land placement. It also seems to imply it is also starting prep next year.

But he was very intentional with his words, clearly. Even this whole thread debacle was very intentioned. I think he would have clarified if somehow Villains land was the exception. Particularly since he said that essentially during the end of its segment.

Coco seems to be the furthest out from starting, for sure. That seems like the one piece of the presentation that could have been dropped.

basas

I’m actually miffed by how much people are overreacting to this. Cars is a dumb IP, sure, but I’m not going to sit here and gaslight myself that TSI and ROA are MK staples that should be preserved over an entire new land expansion and rides.

It’s the busiest theme park in the world and has been desperate for more capacity for years- I’ll take a new land none of the other parks have over a glorified playground hardly anyone actually visits any day.

One person’s “overreaction” is another person’s natural reaction. It’s offensive to tell someone their emotion is an overreaction.

What is your favorite WDW ride? What’s your favorite themed-land? What’s your favorite area of the Magic Kingdom? I’m sure you’d be upset too if you read it was being destroyed. Just because YOU had no great affinity for this particular area of WDW doesn’t mean others did not.

We’re all here because we’re fans, no? Maybe even “super fans” 🤣

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom